I modified the textured cube example to make a simple move camera using the circlepad to learn citro3d and picasso and i'm having a lot of trouble with the view and model matrices.
The cube just doesn't show up on the screen when i add the view matrix to the main file and shader file.
Here's the main.c and the v.pica shader.
I think you moved the cube into the wrong direction. Instead of:
Code:
Mtx_Translate(&model, 0.0, 0.0, 2.0f, true);
try:
Code:
Mtx_Translate(&model, 0.0, 0.0, -2.0f, true);
Although modelview and projection are already split up in the original example, (atleast I think) it's smarter to premultiply projection * view * model to a MVP matrix. This makes the shader much less complex.
Hi, I have this really weird problem. My game save to an XML file, which used to work fine. But for some reason stopped working. The weirdest thing is that when testing in citra it works just fine. It is only on real hardware that it doesn't work. However the weirdest thing is that it USED to work just fine. And I didn't change any code involving saving. Now I did change other code, one of which also loads the XML file. But in earlier testing this worked fine, now however it reads nothing at all, just like the save code. Does anyone know what could cause a program to stop being able to read files?
The code that is meant to create/update the file is this:
Code:
xml_doc.SaveFile(fileLocation.c_str());
And again this exact code USED to work, but has stopped working for whatever reason.
The only thing I could think of is that there might be a memory issue, where if too little ram is available the file will fail to load or write? But at the very least linearFreeMem() gives me ~16MB of free space, which should be more than enough for the small XML file...
Hi, I have this really weird problem. My game save to an XML file, which used to work fine. But for some reason stopped working. The weirdest thing is that when testing in citra it works just fine. It is only on real hardware that it doesn't work. However the weirdest thing is that it USED to work just fine. And I didn't change any code involving saving. Now I did change other code, one of which also loads the XML file. But in earlier testing this worked fine, now however it reads nothing at all, just like the save code. Does anyone know what could cause a program to stop being able to read files?
The code that is meant to create/update the file is this:
Code:
xml_doc.SaveFile(fileLocation.c_str());
And again this exact code USED to work, but has stopped working for whatever reason.
The only thing I could think of is that there might be a memory issue, where if too little ram is available the file will fail to load or write? But at the very least linearFreeMem() gives me ~16MB of free space, which should be more than enough for the small XML file...
I'm not sure I don't leak memory. However linearFreeMem() reports as much free memory before as after file load/online load so if this reporting is accurate it doesn't leak any memory. As for using another SD card, though it shouldn't make a diffrence as I'm able to read and write from it just fine using ftpd, I did try it and as expected it changed nothing. Just for the sake of it I also tried it on my o3DS (with of course yet another SD card) this also did not work.
So the question still stands, WHY did it suddenly stop working... And why does it work in emulator, meaning the code should in theory be fine?
Of course I tried some other things as well. As the Online object was what I was working on around the time it stopped working I though it might be useful to try to see what happens when I remove this class completely, essentially reverting back to the last working version. However this still does not work...
So essentially I have no idea what the problem could possibly be...
Here is the code involving loading/saving of files (fileLocation is always requested with "3ds/AoTHISave.xml"):
I'll push the version which still includes Online etc. to GitHub soon the repo is: https://github.com/MrJPGames/AoTHI3D
I really hope someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong and where. (except for the terrible coding practices of course I'm well aware of those)
I'm not sure I don't leak memory. However linearFreeMem() reports as much free memory before as after file load/online load so if this reporting is accurate it doesn't leak any memory. As for using another SD card, though it shouldn't make a diffrence as I'm able to read and write from it just fine using ftpd, I did try it and as expected it changed nothing. Just for the sake of it I also tried it on my o3DS (with of course yet another SD card) this also did not work.
So the question still stands, WHY did it suddenly stop working... And why does it work in emulator, meaning the code should in theory be fine?
Of course I tried some other things as well. As the Online object was what I was working on around the time it stopped working I though it might be useful to try to see what happens when I remove this class completely, essentially reverting back to the last working version. However this still does not work...
So essentially I have no idea what the problem could possibly be...
Here is the code involving loading/saving of files (fileLocation is always requested with "3ds/AoTHISave.xml"):
I'll push the version which still includes Online etc. to GitHub soon the repo is: https://github.com/MrJPGames/AoTHI3D
I really hope someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong and where. (except for the terrible coding practices of course I'm well aware of those)
As far as I know the linear memory is a different heap, than the standard heap. It's a smaller special memory region, which other hardware components can access. So you aren't getting the amount of free memory in the heap, your're allocating from with malloc(or C++ new) with linearFreeMem.
But I think it's really unlikely that the error is a result of a full heap.
I'm not sure I don't leak memory. However linearFreeMem() reports as much free memory before as after file load/online load so if this reporting is accurate it doesn't leak any memory. As for using another SD card, though it shouldn't make a diffrence as I'm able to read and write from it just fine using ftpd, I did try it and as expected it changed nothing. Just for the sake of it I also tried it on my o3DS (with of course yet another SD card) this also did not work.
So the question still stands, WHY did it suddenly stop working... And why does it work in emulator, meaning the code should in theory be fine?
Of course I tried some other things as well. As the Online object was what I was working on around the time it stopped working I though it might be useful to try to see what happens when I remove this class completely, essentially reverting back to the last working version. However this still does not work...
So essentially I have no idea what the problem could possibly be...
Here is the code involving loading/saving of files (fileLocation is always requested with "3ds/AoTHISave.xml"):
I'll push the version which still includes Online etc. to GitHub soon the repo is: https://github.com/MrJPGames/AoTHI3D
I really hope someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong and where. (except for the terrible coding practices of course I'm well aware of those)
I think this error is being caused due to a single missing "/". In your main.cpp try changing save.storeSaveData("3ds/AoTHISave.xml") to save.storeSaveData("/3ds/AoTHISave.xml") & save.loadSaveDataFromFile("3ds/AoTHISave.xml") to save.loadSaveDataFromFile("/3ds/AoTHISave.xml");
BTW:Nice Game!
I think this error is being caused due to a single missing "/". In your main.cpp try changing save.storeSaveData("3ds/AoTHISave.xml") to save.storeSaveData("/3ds/AoTHISave.xml") & save.loadSaveDataFromFile("3ds/AoTHISave.xml") to save.loadSaveDataFromFile("/3ds/AoTHISave.xml");
BTW:Nice Game!
Thanks and thanks. But sadly enough it still doesn't work. Though it does still work in the emulator. I will be doing more debugging any suggestions are of course welcome!
Thanks and thanks. But sadly enough it still doesn't work. Though it does still work in the emulator. I will be doing more debugging any suggestions are of course welcome!
As far as I know the linear memory is a different heap, than the standard heap. It's a smaller special memory region, which other hardware components can access. So you aren't getting the amount of free memory in the heap, your're allocating from with malloc(or C++ new) with linearFreeMem.
But I think it's really unlikely that the error is a result of a full heap.
well I don't know if that linear memory description context is what i will describe but at least for gnu LD (linker) the virtual memory address is the intended memory region (IO mapped) a section should be pointed at, while the linear memory address is the physical memory (linear) the LD expects for contiguous relocated sections.
malloc actually uses a heap approach, which is: the (physical memory end - linear address end pointer, or LMA ) as free space. messing with LMA end will certainly break newlib's malloc
edit: typo, I meant linear memory address / virtual memory address, not allocation.
You could look at lpp a lua intrepeter for the 3DS.
Original post with opinions:
Why?
But for actual ideas, you could look at lpp a lua intrepeter for the 3DS.
But really I don't see the point tbh. Python really isn't a good programming language anyways, and if anyone wants to script instead of use c/c++ lua with lpp is fine.
I think someone already ported a Python interpreter to the 3DS, but never heared again of it. Later added: I was sniped, yes the primary scripting language on the 3DS is Lua.
well I don't know if that linear memory description context is what i will describe but at least for gnu LD (linker) the virtual memory allocation is the intended region memory a section should be pointed at, while the linear memory allocation is the physical memory (linear) the LD expects for contiguous relocated sections.
malloc actually uses a heap approach, which is: the (physical memory end - linear allocation end pointer, or LMA ) as free space. messing with LMA end will certainly break newlib's malloc
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
The 2007 Nintendo Wii classic Super Mario Galaxy has reportedly been 100% decompiled by the SMGCommunity under the project codename Petari, and now a standalone PC...
It's that time again. Prepare your Switch updates! Or prepare to forgive your sister's nephew's dog for updating your Switch a few weeks ago. Atmosphere v1.12.0 has...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
Are you tired of waiting for Nintendo to release a definitive version of their GameCube classic on a console that's sold more than four units? Then step right up! A...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
A court has ordered Reddit r/SwitchPirates moderator James Williams (of ArchBox fame) must pay Nintendo $4.5 million in a default judgment for copyright infringement...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
Are you tired of waiting for Nintendo to release a definitive version of their GameCube classic on a console that's sold more than four units? Then step right up! A...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
Denuvo appears to have been updated and the hypervisor bypass that has been used to crack dozens of games no longer works if recent reports are to be believed.
The...
A court has ordered Reddit r/SwitchPirates moderator James Williams (of ArchBox fame) must pay Nintendo $4.5 million in a default judgment for copyright infringement...