Homebrew Homebrew Development

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So no one apart from Smealum knows how to execute ARM 11?

From what I've seen, 1 or two others have an understanding of how they could do it, but are trying to figure out a way to allow arm11 homebrew and limit the potential for back up loaders. Which will happen eventually, hopefully once the 3DS is closer to end of life rather than sooner.

CalebW

Fellow Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've seen, 1 or two others have an understanding of how they could do it, but are trying to figure out a way to allow arm11 homebrew and limit the potential for back up loaders. Which will happen eventually, hopefully once the 3DS is closer to end of life rather than sooner.
I really don't see what all the fuss is about now that there are flashcarts that will do the same thing....it will just mean putting the flashcart companies out of business, but the people who pirate now will pirate then.

Reactions: Idaho and Nightwish

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I would not say no one, but i can't help (or to be honest, i don't want to help people getting a warez CFW). Wait for smea to finish his homebrew os. It's more user friedly as bare metal.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
What's the 0x0D in front of the 0x0DAB(x coordinate) for?

So in order to get the x coordinate you would need to use (xCoord = read_word(0x1014280C) >> 8) in order to remove the two bytes on the end, but how would I remove the t3wo bytes on the beginning(the 0xAB) ?
Here's a working example with commented source.

Code:
output format
[raw x value]  [xbigEndian]
               [xcoor]

Attachments

• 3DS_Homebrew_Touch.zip
    38.6 KB · Views: 150

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm really sorry. If there would not be the risk, i would share my knowledge. There are only 2 options:

1. Wait for the homebrew os.
2. Figure it out yourself.

Reactions: NEP

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Thanks, this will help me a lot.

On the 3D Slider state, a lot of people used to use 0x1FF81080, but now you're using 0x10144000, so what is the 0x1FF81080 for?
That's the old address. The one there seems to work (courtesy of nop90). Use "read_word(SLIDER3D) & 0xFF" to extract the the state (0-FF).

Anything less than 0x10 is force 3D off btw.

CalebW

Fellow Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured it out thanks to all of your suggestions, but I'm going to wait to release it until I can get 3D working...

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, all my screen drawings are always flickering thanks to my inability to swap buffers. I'm going to have a seizure soon, so annoying. I lack the time and desire to reverse engineer the gateway launcher or anything else that will take forever. So I guess I'll just have to wait for others. In the meantime, I'll continue to develop my 3ds gaming framework so that will at least be ready.

CalebW

Fellow Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, all my screen drawings are always flickering thanks to my inability to swap buffers. I'm going to have a seizure soon, so annoying. I lack the time and desire to reverse engineer the gateway launcher or anything else that will take forever. So I guess I'll just have to wait for others. In the meantime, I'll continue to develop my 3ds gaming framework so that will at least be ready.
We're not going to be able to swap buffers until we can execute ARM11 right? So that will be a while...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/5fQHvL6iO5k?si=1qrkapNMcghUj07-