Hacking Homebrew channel not reading memory card?

aceplayer97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to install some new apps through the Homebrew channel but it doesn't read my memory card at all. My memory card is formatted correctly in the FAT32 format. I made two folders, wad and apps, in the root of the card and put files in there but the Homebrew channel for some reason isn't recognizing them. Does anyone know why?

dai-a

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
What?

You have to put the wad files in a wad folder on the root of your SD card.

Then put a folder in the apps folder for the certain app you want. And make sure you name the .dol file to boot.dol

(Example: SD ROOT/apps/wadmanager/boot.dol

aceplayer97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your help! I can't believe I was making such a simple mistake. But I am wondering every time I want to use a .dol file in the homebrew channel do I have to name it boot.dol? Because if I do that how am I supposed to have more than one .dol file in my apps/wadmanager folder? And can I somehow install a wad manager channel?

gamersclub

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
danspage.tk
XP
Country
Canada
ONLY 1 DOL FOR A FOLDER. All the wadmanager channel does is take up space on your wii and doesn't get upgraded as much. Use wadmanager 1.5 and just put your sd card in each time. And each dol has to be called boot.dol

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
aceplayer97 said:
Thank you for your help! I can't believe I was making such a simple mistake. But I am wondering every time I want to use a .dol file in the homebrew channel do I have to name it boot.dol? Because if I do that how am I supposed to have more than one .dol file in my apps/wadmanager folder? And can I somehow install a wad manager channel?

I can't belive that you still not get the principle behind the folder structure. Read this:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Channel#C...ng_Applications

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night