Homebrew Channel Help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by mphil145, Jul 9, 2008.

Jul 9, 2008

Homebrew Channel Help by mphil145 at 8:19 PM (1,176 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. mphil145
    OP

Newcomer mphil145 Advanced Member

United States
    Hello I recently installed the homebrew channel and once i clikc on it, at the bottom it says the homebrew channel and in the right their are two small pictures one of a globe which I guess saying that im connected to the internet and a little gecko to the left that isn't lit up. Which I guess is saying i dont have the right files on my sd card.

Anyways I'm trying to install a wad, and I was told I need to put sdefload files in the root of my card and rename it to boot.elf just to get the homebrew channel up and running but that isn't working. Clearly I'm doing something wrong can someone possibly guide me in the right direction thx. Yes I have read many stickies and i specifically followed this particular guide GBA Temp Guide and it didnt work for me.

2. Richy Freeway

Member Richy Freeway GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    The Gecko is for the USB Gecko adaptor. Nothing to do with files missing. Ignore it.

That guide is for the OLD homebrew channel, not the new one.

Other than that, I can't help you.

3. timtlm

Newcomer timtlm Advanced Member

United States
    wiibrew.org is your friend for everything to do with homebrew channel. Specifically read the "configuring applications" section on this page: www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Channel

Find the program called wad manager and place it on your sd card using the instructions found on that site. Then create a wad folder on your sd card and place your wad files in it. Run the wad manager in the homebrew channel, and you are good to go.

4. mphil145
    OP

Newcomer mphil145 Advanced Member

United States
    Thx for the help I got everything working now