Hacking Homebrew Channel crashing. Letterbomb not working.

diesal11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys.

I softmodded my wii with Letterbomb a while ago. Loaded USB Loader on it and its been running fine with my SD card in the front and a USB in the back.

However, today it stopped working.

Now, when i load Homebrew channel with my SD card in the front slot. It doesn't show any apps. When i press 2 and select the SD slot. it crashes saying "exception dsi occurred"
Bootmii also doesn't load anymore (was installed as an IOS, wouldn't let me install to boot2).

I thought i would try to reinstall the Homebrew Channel and Bootmii. However now Letterbomb doesn't even show up?

I don't know the technical side of this all that well. Does anyone have any ideas?

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It could be your sd card that became corrupt.
The homebrew channel scans it for applications.
Bootmii needs the bootmii folder to load armboot.bin and ppcboot.elf.
The Letterbomb also depends upon some folders it creates on the sd card.

So, try to reformat the sd card and put the relevant folders back on it.
You will need the bootmii folder for bootmii to function.
You will need the apps folder with some subfolders for your homebrew applications
You will need a folder with a bunch of subfolders for the Letterbomb.

You could use modmii to create the new sd card contents.

If it still doesn't work, I would try with another sd card.

You can create the apps folders on usb as well (for the homebrew programs).

Maybe you can check if the Homebrew channel still generates a dsi exception without the sd card inserted.

diesal11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It could be your sd card that became corrupt.
The homebrew channel scans it for applications.
Bootmii needs the bootmii folder to load armboot.bin and ppcboot.elf.
The Letterbomb also depends upon some folders it creates on the sd card.

So, try to reformat the sd card and put the relevant folders back on it.
You will need the bootmii folder for bootmii to function.
You will need the apps folder with some subfolders for your homebrew applications
You will need a folder with a bunch of subfolders for the Letterbomb.

You could use modmii to create the new sd card contents.

If it still doesn't work, I would try with another sd card.
Possibly, but i've been using this card for years. I've tried reformatting and still the same issue...i don't have another card so i will have to try and get my hands on one
You can create the apps folders on usb as well (for the homebrew programs).

Maybe you can check if the Homebrew channel still generates a dsi exception without the sd card inserted.
USB gives the exact same issue. I've tried 3 USBs. all of which used to work as a data drive for USB Loader
I can't seem to get a DSI exception without forcing it to load a card/USB.

As a side note, i just noticed that the WiFi stopped working. It can't find any access points....odd

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you use the system menu settings, can you move a channel from the nand to the sd card?
What system menu are you on and what version of the homebrew channel are you using?
Maybe you could install the wiixplorer and see if you can browse your sd card with that.
The fact you have been using that card for years doesn't prove a thing.
It even might increase the possibility that the sd card is at the end of it's life cycle.
That doesn't mean that there couldn't be a hardware problem with your wii. Maybe you could try to fix your wifi connection first.
I remember some versions of the HBC had a problem if you launched an application and switched the ios, when there was no network.
It had something to do with the network callback function, but I can't remember the details anymore.
If a hardware problem would give you issues accessing your sd card, the system menu would have problems accessing it as well.

diesal11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so i mucked around a little and found two things that ALWAYS triggered the crash.
A new HDD i bought, when plugged into the USB port closest to the edge of the case crashes HBC when i select USB. Oddly enough switching the two USBs around fixed all issues relating to that.
The MicroSD to SD chip i was using also appears to be screwed. Found another SD card and started my modding over from scratch. Letterbomb worked as well. So that all works.

The WiFi still doesn't work however, are there any homebrew tools that can check the integrity of the chips? I'm not sure if its a software or a hardware issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1