Hacking Homebrew Channel beta 9 update available.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
rko1000 said:
wadmanger 2.1 show me the error ret-1 when attempting to install or uninstall a wad, any ideas why?
Yeah you updated your Wii. Your screwed.
wink.gif

Kurosan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After reading about the new features of the HBC last night, I went and bought an 8GB SDHC card today. To my dismay however, it doesn't appear to work. I know that the channel's support of SDHC cards doesn't magically add support to the applications, that's fine, but what I'm saying here is that they simply don't show up in the HBC at all. Here's a little more info:

Procedure: Simply copied the contents of my 2GB SD card to my new 8GB SDHC card in its entirety.
Format: 2GB SD uses FAT, 8GB SDHC uses FAT32. Windows does not appear to allow me to format the SDHC card in FAT.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: After reformatting the SDHC card (still in FAT32) and trying again, the applications still wouldn't show up in the HBC menu. However, after a last attempt at using the Reload option, the applications now show up normally and flawlessly everytime. If anyone else runs into the same problem I had, try reformatting your card, it might help.

Prakilint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I still haven't updated to beta 9 yet.

I've converted all my .elf files on my SD card to .dol files using that handy program someone posted here. The only problems with converting are:
GC-Linux 0.4 - Not Valid
Missile Command 0.5a - Reboots HBC
Tetris 1.2 - Seems to have screw up when clicking "Reload SD" (that means to go back to loader right? or not?), not sure if this is a porting problem though, never played Tetris.
Wii Tic-tac-toe 0.1 - Same as above, when clicking "Return to Loader".

Those were the only ones that were converted and had problems.. Those were tested under beta 8, will probably have the same result in Beta 9. Eh. Doesn't matter, I don't really use any of the above that much, so it doesn't bother me. I'll be updating to beta 9 now.

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi,

Just want to confirm these b4 i do it?
I have a wii with wiikey installed 3.2e.
I think i should install starfall then ios51 and then the wii shop channel update via the hbc after i upgrade to beta 9.
After this should i grab my keys using the xyzzy.dol just for safe keeping?

Cheers

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You really don't need starfall. But I guess it can't hurt (apart from the risk of bricking your Wii while installing it ofcourse).
And to have your Wiis keys is allways a good idea. You never know.
wink.gif

rko1000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slowking said:
rko1000 said:
wadmanger 2.1 show me the error ret-1 when attempting to install or uninstall a wad, any ideas why?
wink.gif

my wii is 3.3e version 1, the shop channel dosent work, asks for an update. so does wad manger not work at all with 3.3 even if the 23 oct update hasnt been installed.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rko1000 said:
Slowking said:
rko1000 said:
wink.gif

my wii is 3.3e version 1, the shop channel dosent work, asks for an update. so does wad manger not work at all with 3.3 even if the 23 oct update hasnt been installed.
no mine was 3.3(1) and wad manager 1.21 worked for me, make sure you have wad manager v1.21

rko1000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BL4Z3D247 said:
rko1000 said:
Slowking said:
rko1000 said:
wink.gif

no mine was 3.3(1) and wad manager 1.21 worked for me, make sure you have wad manager v1.21

would you be friendly enough to link me to the right direction?
unsure.gif

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rko1000 said:
BL4Z3D247 said:
rko1000 said:
Slowking said:
rko1000 said:
wink.gif

would you be friendly enough to link me to the right direction?
unsure.gif
http://rs344.rapidshare.com/files/14115312...anager_V1.2.rar

here you are, sorry for the delay as i'm at work

shock44

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Samoa
I just updated my homebrew channel and I got the wad manager 1.3 and I tried to install a wad but it gave me an error. That ticket error whatever thing. Also I got the newest gecko OS and when I try to load it my screen goes blank and I have to turn my wii off and on. The homebrew browser works though. So could someone who has actually got the wad manager to work on the homebrew channel beta 9 tell me what they did to get it to work please. Thanks.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shock44 said:
I just updated my homebrew channel and I got the wad manager 1.3 and I tried to install a wad but it gave me an error. That ticket error whatever thing. Also I got the newest gecko OS and when I try to load it my screen goes blank and I have to turn my wii off and on. The homebrew browser works though. So could someone who has actually got the wad manager to work on the homebrew channel beta 9 tell me what they did to get it to work please. Thanks.
i believe you need to have a cIOS installed for wad manage to run... if you don't have a cIOS then the homebrew channel is all you got, you can run pretty much anything that doesn't need a cIOS to run, such as the homebrew browser

when's the last time you updated?

shock44

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Samoa
BL4Z3D247 said:
i believe you need to have a cIOS installed for wad manage to run... if you don't have a cIOS then the homebrew channel is all you got, you can run pretty much anything that doesn't need a cIOS to run, such as the homebrew browser

So if I updated my wii accidentally and didn't do the cIOS before updating then I have to wait for a new work around in order to install a wad? Or do you know of anything I can get that will work and let me downgrade or change my cIOS.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shock44 said:
BL4Z3D247 said:

So if I updated my wii accidentally and didn't do the cIOS before updating then I have to wait for a new work around in order to install a wad? Or do you know of anything I can get that will work and let me downgrade or change my cIOS.
yes if you updated without cIOS installed you have to wait for a new workaround for installing wads

only thing available if you updated is the HBC 9 beta for homebrew

sounds like you don't have a cIOS installed otherwise wad manager would've worked

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Also this song https://youtu.be/27RWx9Q6LcQ?si=c7C8YuRoIPHadiQ0