Hacking Homebrew Channel beta 9 update available.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Updated, very nice. Converted the apps, it's very simple. But, SDHC support? So, couldn't they add it to new cIOS/PatchMii to make it usable by System Menu?

JunkieXL69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
JunkieXL69 said:
So many updates lately I'm getting confused. Is it safe to get the official Oct 23rd firmware update yet?

I have CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad installed.
I have DVDX cIOS_249 installed.
I have the cIOS_249 v6 that was supposed to be installed before Backup Launcher 0.3 was run.
And now I have Homebrew Channel Beta 9 installed.

Am I safe to get the Oct 23rd update?

No - your not safe to install the official one - but there is an installer for the update files unoficially thats safe

Are you refering to cIOS_51 & the Shop Channel Fixer? Is getting those installed just like updating with the official Oct 23rd update?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
you're stuffed if you use GeeXbox!!! YOU CANNOT CONVERT THAT TO A DOL OR CHANNEL.
I personally have both as channel beta 8 and 9
smile.gif

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm told geexbox uses a sane ELF and actually works with the new loader.

Also, never ever use doltool. It does things wrong.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Geexbox does not work on beta 9, i tried alpha 3 and alpha 4, both try to load but end up with the error .
alpha 3 only works with Beta 8, (i assume alpha 4 is broken) dont think anyone has had that working...

but beta 9 doesn't work with alpha 3, anyone else having problems?
i double checked and left it for a while- no look.

Also what's with the killing of normal elfs?

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
As I stated in my post previously Geebox (alpha 3) is working for me on beta 9. Alpha 4 has never worked

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
How is yours working, do you still get an error when its scrolling all the data past your screen?
I get no errors in Geebox alpha 3. Works the same in Homebrew Channel beta 8 & 9

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
its a bit slow ftpii, but its certainly good enough
smile.gif
yeh .15 was released near enought straight after beta 9 came out
smile.gif

A lot off apps need updating now, otherwise if you convert some to dol which beta 9 accepts, homebrew browser reports that you need to re-update.

Hey, GeeXbox now works with beta 9 for me now, i had to run it for a while, then power off, then it works now
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Aw, screw them. They still haven't added an option to disable the rumble. Meh.
I recon you should simply disable the rumble inside your wii remote and use that as your homebrew remote
smile.gif

Its a shame they've disabled normal elfs, only Sane elfs work. Allot of apps need changing now.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
well for the applications that won't work now because of the wrong elf file, it's easy to patch them.
I have already done so for geckos for example, it will now run fine under beta 9. wiihttp-do and wiiphysics will run too after patching

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
well for the applications that won't work now because of the wrong elf file, it's easy to patch them.
I have already done so for geckos for example, it will now run fine under beta 9. wiihttp-do and wiiphysics will run too after patching
Yeh convertion is a piece of pi## Just wondering TicTacToe is a .dol and beta 9 says invalid application? (marcan says some sort of bug in the app maybe)
Never mind if you were that bored, i'm sure you would just use pen & paper HAHAHA
hmmm

nkarafo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I was wondering if you know any previous version of Wad Manager that actually works with Homebrew channel 9 after the wii update.
Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...