Hacking Homebrew Channel Beta 8 VS Beta 9

ultragunner

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I recently installed & upgraded to Homebrew Channel Beta 9 but I found out that Gecko OS does not work anymore!!. I own a
Wii NTSC-J & use Gecko OS to play NTSC-U Games. Anybody encountered the same problem??. I downgraded back to beta 8 to fix the problem.

Shadowluigi323

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know honestly I think(MY OPINION) Beta 8 is better than 9 i like .ELF files instead of just pure .DOL files. Also it has more apps running on it than Beta 9...So I will have to go with BETA 8!

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
every thing works with beta 9, its your own fault if you dont convert the ones that need converting, tic tac toe had to be modified with a new .dol, geexbox is a sane elf so that works
smile.gif

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had stayed on Beta 8 because I was too lazy to convert my ELFs to DOLs. But when more developers started to update their apps for Beta 9, I too updated. So far, Beta 9 is better than 8, simply because of the reload button.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
there's no question which is better, beta 9 is MILES better, for more reasons than one, SDHC support the lot, rid of health screen, unless you patched that through starfall.
every app what's out there is compatible, if the .dol isn't compatible like tictactoe wasn't which he's updated the .dol they are now
smile.gif

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had no problems with beta 8, I think it's too much of a hassle to convert my .elf's to .dol's and go to beta 9, when I do not really care about any of it's new features. I might upgrade just because I'm sick of it asking me if I want to upgrade or not XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Always Coca-Cola!