Homebrew channel and preloader 0.29

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ginkster, Apr 27, 2009.

Apr 27, 2009
  1. ginkster
    OP

Newcomer ginkster Member

United Kingdom
    I just want to know why it does it and how to fix if possible?

Right i installed softmii 2.9.5 on sunday (pal Wii 4.0E using softmii package) all installed ok. This morning i was showing a friend preloader and what you can do. showed him u can boot the homebrew channel with preloader all worked fine. But just 30 mins later i booted homebrew with preloader again and now it freezes on sd loading screen and picture is all fuzzy. Its not a problem for now.

I downgraded wii and started over everything else works fine its just booting homebrew from preloader thats the problem.

Its bugging me more than anything coz i not come across this problem before.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks.

2. ginkster
    OP

Newcomer ginkster Member

United Kingdom
    ok this is proper weird now sometimes hbc boots from preloader and other times wii crashes. I got a feeling it may be my sd card preloader might not like it.

3. ginkster
    OP

Newcomer ginkster Member

United Kingdom
    ok i think i found the problem for those who are interested. The problem is the usb hard drive was connected when i tried to access hbc through preloader. coz I hadnt had the hd plugged in for about 2 days and it was accessing hbc just fine. As soon as i plugged hd back in the wii crashed when i tried to access hbc through preloader.

Just thought id mention it incase some1 else has same problem one day.

4. emboha

Newcomer emboha Newbie

Belgium
    thx for reporting back