Ato Puro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I softmodded my Wii a couple weeks ago (using ModMii) and very thing works fine, except Homebrew Browser. I do have a Wi-Fi connection (I update CFG USB Loader online and download all covers also directly from Wii) but I can't run Homebrew Browser. It doesn't matter if I let the SD card in or leave just the HDD, it'll mount the devices it can find, then retrieve CodeMii.com IP address successfully but it stays there. If I wait for a very long time I get an error (-16 or -116, can't recall, but I can check again if it helps); otherwise all I can do is push "Home" and go back to System Menu. I have reinstalled HBC several times (no effect) and update HB Browser to 0.3.9b (it was 0.3.8 when I softmodded) but to no avail. What could be possibily causing this problem?

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The CodeMii servers are up, but you should try and see if the CodeMii wepage pops up using the Wii's Opera Browser at least. -116 errors are caused by connection issues usually.

You mention upgrading to HBB v0.3.9b, but I would still re-install it manually to your SD card making sure to delete the whole HBB folder beforehand to make sure that all the old files, especially the temp cache and config files, are wiped.

Other than that, the only things I can recommend are listed nicely in the HBB troubleshooting page.

Good luck.

-[]D

Ato Puro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
@PPSainity: I forgot all about Opera... I'll try that. When I mentioned updating HBB, I deleted its folder before doing it, just like chop mentioned. I'll see if CodeMii webpage opens in Opera and if that still doesn't work, I'll at a good look at the HBB troubleshooting page.

Thanks.

arkie1984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just softmodded my wii and it says no network.i checked my connection status and it says im connected,will even let me on the internet channel, but when i open homebrew i get nothing i cant get the little globe to flash or anything it just stays grey.any tips

Flashed

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
i just softmodded my wii and it says no network.i checked my connection status and it says im connected,will even let me on the internet channel, but when i open homebrew i get nothing i cant get the little globe to flash or anything it just stays grey.any tips

Do not use that anymore. Repositories are really outdated. Download homebrew from the Internet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.