Homebrew Browser won't work

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Ato Puro, Dec 4, 2010.

Dec 4, 2010

Homebrew Browser won't work by Ato Puro at 9:24 PM (4,969 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Ato Puro
    OP

Member Ato Puro GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I softmodded my Wii a couple weeks ago (using ModMii) and very thing works fine, except Homebrew Browser. I do have a Wi-Fi connection (I update CFG USB Loader online and download all covers also directly from Wii) but I can't run Homebrew Browser. It doesn't matter if I let the SD card in or leave just the HDD, it'll mount the devices it can find, then retrieve CodeMii.com IP address successfully but it stays there. If I wait for a very long time I get an error (-16 or -116, can't recall, but I can check again if it helps); otherwise all I can do is push "Home" and go back to System Menu. I have reinstalled HBC several times (no effect) and update HB Browser to 0.3.9b (it was 0.3.8 when I softmodded) but to no avail. What could be possibily causing this problem?

2. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    The CodeMii servers are up, but you should try and see if the CodeMii wepage pops up using the Wii's Opera Browser at least. -116 errors are caused by connection issues usually.

You mention upgrading to HBB v0.3.9b, but I would still re-install it manually to your SD card making sure to delete the whole HBB folder beforehand to make sure that all the old files, especially the temp cache and config files, are wiped.

Other than that, the only things I can recommend are listed nicely in the HBB troubleshooting page.

Good luck.

-[]D

3. chop

Member chop GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I had the exact problem, delete all the HB Browser and re-download it.

4. Ato Puro
    OP

Member Ato Puro GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    @PPSainity: I forgot all about Opera... I'll try that. When I mentioned updating HBB, I deleted its folder before doing it, just like chop mentioned. I'll see if CodeMii webpage opens in Opera and if that still doesn't work, I'll at a good look at the HBB troubleshooting page.

Thanks.

5. neblyn

Newcomer neblyn Newbie

Poland
    read error -81. anybody else?

MegaSuperab2 likes this.
  6. MegaSuperab2

Member MegaSuperab2 Homebrewer, Memer, Acts Like Bedroom Is Basement

United States
    Me.