Hacking homebrew apps keep freezing

MaGnUmKiLLa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, here lately, anytime I try to run an app in the homebrew channel, it freezes. I'll click on an app *so far it's been anything from fce ultra to wad manager 1.5* and it'll go to a black screen, my wiimote will disconnect and, I have to unplug my wii. I can turn my wii back on and usually everything after that will run just fine. It doesn't seem to be any big deal at the moment but, it also doesn't sound very good. Like I said, this really just recently started. I've had it freeze a couple of times before but, that was a couple of times over the course of a year as compared to a couple of times within the past week. So, if anyone has had this similiar problem or, knows how I can fix this, I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks guys.

Sebas333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When my wii was 3.4, It almost never froze with homebrew apps(It didnt that I can remember). When I updated to 4.1 Safely, Sometimes I get a random freeze, Cant launch certain apps or channels for no reason. And with my friend 4.2 wii, almost no apps or channels will load.

What version is your wii?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
go to ur homebrew menu, then click the home button, it should tell u what version of homebrew ur running, if its less than 1.06, download the most recent hackmii installer, v0.6 (google 4 it), and use it to reinstall homebrew

(older version of homebrew used to experience occasional freezing)

MaGnUmKiLLa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, all the apps are up to date. I don't think that would cause this kind of problem anyway. Idk, it could be the sd card. I've been using the same one for quite a bit now and, this is the first time anything has happened that would make me suspect it's going bad. Anybody got anything else?

MaGnUmKiLLa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I actually just had this happen when I tried to open Everybody Votes. It seems to happen when I click the start button on the channel screen. It's not every single time but, my wii just froze twice in a matter of minutes. Is there any chance it's an ios or something? I've got the cvs report from signcheck if that would help.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had some issues with homebrew, so i updated through nintendo but that was when 4.0 was out so i wouldn't suggest to do this now, but it fixed everything, i used to be on 3.2 and went to 4.0 officially.

possibly use dop-ios to update ios? i don't know if that is causing it...

what apps do you have on the sd card? what do you normally run from it? what other files are on your sd? what size and type (microsd or sd?) of card? what brand of card?

like other guy said, try to reformat the card, using panasonic formatter (its on this sites downloads) and fully format the card.

MaGnUmKiLLa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You haven't read the comments since the beginning have you? It turns out it's totally happening to me whenever I just try to open up any channel at this point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: +1