homebrew and new update help

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by clutchcity34, Jun 3, 2014.

1. clutchcity34
    OP

clutchcity34 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2014
    United States
    I just purchased my wii u today with the mario kart 8 bundle. Its system menu is 2.1.0 and I want to softmod it so I can play back up games (wii & gamecube). I was wondering what I should do about the update from the disc on mario kart 8. I want to play mario kart 8 now because I am waiting on the supplies (wii game & SD card) I need to softmod it. I was wondering what the update from the disc will take me to on the wii u system menu. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    Considering it's brand new, I would think it's version 4.1.0, in which case you're perfectly fine with letting it update with the disc, but I would block nus.cdn.shop.wii.com with your router so it doesn't update any further.

3. clutchcity34
    OP

clutchcity34 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2014
    United States
    I have not connected it to the INTERNET yet. So the disc will take it to 4.1.0?

4. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    It should, something between 4.0.0 and 4.1.0, I can't see it being earlier then that, but either way, yes, you should be safe to update to whatever it has on it, and a vWii exploit will work just fine.

5. clutchcity34
    OP

clutchcity34 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2014
    United States
    thanks man for the information