Reserver X

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's been quite a while since I last posted. I kinda stopped frequenting these forums over the past year. Any way I just got R.E. Umbrella chronicles late last night and didn't want to spend $30 on a Zapper. Played the game with a friend for a bit and then came home and decided to try and make a Zapper out of some extra cardboard I had laying around. Took me about an hour. It's nothing fancy, but w/e, I was board and who cares. Here is the final product.

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's pretty cool.
I'll try to build something like that too, there's now way I'm going to buy €30 for a piece of plastic

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Cool. Does it work? I mean, is it really better to play using this than just holding the Wiimote/Nunchuck like in regular games?

MrKuenning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, its 20 with a game, and a real trigger in the front.

Looks cool, but I think using the B button as a trigger by its self wont work very well.

D

Deleted User

This looks nice, but I was wondering if you're able to get the wiimote and nunchuck easily out of it. From the pictures it looks like you taped them in place.

Cool. Does it work? I mean, is it really better to play using this than just holding the Wiimote/Nunchuck like in regular games?
I actually bought the Zapper and think the only thing it adds is a little atmosphere. Other than that it's also a little more tiresome because you have to move your whole arm around to aim instead of just moving the wrist with a normal Wiimote/Nunchuck combo. I haven't decided yet if I like it or not.

Looks cool, but I think using the B button as a trigger by its self wont work very well.
I don't know why it shouldn't, the trigger doesn't feel that different.

Reserver X

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The trigger works fine, I have the Wiimote place far enough forward so that your finger reaches the trigger just fine. I may go back and try to figure out how to extend the trigger downward later. Maybe use a trigger from a broken airsoft pistol i have.

Like takeshi said, it really only adds some atmosphere to the game. It does make aiming a little easyer, but it is a little annoying to have to swing the entire thing around.

As for getting the Wiimote and nunchuck out easy, Its not actually taped in. I used black duct tape and coated the adhesive side with another piece of tape anywhere that it would otherwise touch the controller. It fits in pretty snug, so I don't have to worry about sending them flying through a wall
smile.gif
. In the second and 3rd picture, you can kinda see the hole that I made for the nunchuck's connector piece to go through. I eyeballed the whole thing, so the holes are a bit small. I'll probably go back later and open them up a bit more. Also, I'm probably going to come up with a better way to hold the wire. The place it is in right now is kinda small, so its kinda packed in there.

QUOTE said:
BoneMonkey:Â very nice reserver i remember you too i made ya that sig !

lol

I remember that
laugh.gif
. I'm not a "bleach fan" anymore, I'm just too lazy to change my sig and avatar lol.

Knab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dude nintendos gonna be soooo pissed thats like an exact copy of there zapper lol. j/k your looks better then theres

nice job by the way

pimpyT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your zapper seems to be a quick fix in saving some cash. Your will to make something like this is quite impressive. Still, the Wii Zapper on the other hand definitely has a WOW factor. If you have some friends who really aren't into gaming and you hand them the Wii Zapper to play some Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, you could just imagine the look of excitement on their face as they grip the zapper, but I don't think you'd get the same reaction from them if you handed them what you made. (Please don't take offense.) On the other hand, if you have both, you can use your homemade zapper and let your friend use the Nintendo Zapper, and you can both share in the experience.

Reserver X

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Most of my friends are similar to me in the amount of gaming they do. The ones who saw it so far were quite impressed. They also know that I am very DIY. I have loads of other DIY projects laying around. My most recent one was fixing up my mom's old computer and getting Linux running on it with a fairly large hard drive that I thought was broken. I'm starting to get more into electronics and what not, but mostly I just like to do paper craft and working with cardboard. For me it just works out that I would rather do things myself instead of wasting money, just something I enjoy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1