dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Damn, people give it time. Chrono Trigger's score is based on twenty more reviews then GTA. Give time for all random idiot with website bash the game to lower the score. Thats always how it is with meta critic.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I agree with you. High scores go hand in hand with the GTA logo. I am not trying to say it is a bad game, as it has a high level of polish, but in my opinion, it is not the best game.

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
People like free roam.. And the fact you can kill people is even better..

It depends on what you like playing..

Metacritic Scores

94 Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
92 Chrono Trigger
88 Pokemon Platinum
86 Peggle: Dual Shot
84 Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride
82 Bomberman II
81 Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
81 Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure
81 Retro Game Challenge
81 Personal Trainer: Cooking
80 Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
79 Big Bang Mini
79 Suikoden Tierkreis
78 Age of Empires: Mythologies
77 Puzzle Quest: Galactrix
76 Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume
75 Zubo
75 Tale of Despereaux, The
75 Elebits: The Adventures of Kai and Zero
75 Avalon Code
74 Moon
72 Boing! Docomodake DS
72 Colour Cross
72 100 Classic Book Collection
72 Puchi Puchi Virus
72 Blue Dragon Plus
71 Ultimate Band
71 SimAnimals
70 XG Blast!
70 Neopets Puzzle Adventure
68 My World, My Way
67 Legacy of Ys: Books I & II
67 Football Director DS
64 Prince of Persia: The Fallen King
61 Lord of the Rings: Conquest, The
59 101-in-1 Explosive Megamix
58 Chase: Felix Meets Felicity, The
57 Last King of Africa
52 Syberia
51 Left Brain Right Brain 2
46 Mushroom Men: Rise of the Fungi
40 Inkheart

DaRealChrono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I don't give 2 damns about what MetaCritic says, Chrono Trigger is and always will be the best game on the DS (/fanboyish comment). That's not taking anything away from GTA, as it is one of the superior games on the system.

What I don't understand is how some gamers can say that Chrono Trigger still doesn't deserve the credit it got back in the SNES days because it's a re-release. Nostalgia makes games BETTER, not worse.

But to the OP, it's only by 2 points...it's not THAT bad...
mellow.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
http://www.metacritic.com/games/ds/

GTA: Chinatown Wars is now the highest rated DS game... it even beat Chrono Trigger :\ Goddamn reviewers giving it super hgh marks just because it has GTA stamped to the title...

No, they're giving it super marks because it's a God damned great game. The port of Chrono Trigger was so ridiculously over-rated, it has no business being in the top ten of DS games. But Chinatown Wars actually rips the envelope up for what can or cannot be done on DS, and does it in a way that is incredibly fun and addictive. No, not everyone's going to "get it," but no one can seriously deny the achievement. I don't know that it deserves to be at the very top of the heap, but I don't have any problem with it. It's definitely much more deserving of being the number one DS game than CT, though CT was well deserving of its accolades back in the day.

crook

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
in it's category it's the best fucking game ever on the ds. speaking in coding quality and menpower put into it it's the best game of all ds games. what work is put into the release of chrono trigger for ds? not a fuckin bit!

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
War said:
http://www.metacritic.com/games/ds/

GTA: Chinatown Wars is now the highest rated DS game... it even beat Chrono Trigger :\ Goddamn reviewers giving it super hgh marks just because it has GTA stamped to the title...

Well, Chrono Trigger being a port of a snes game, it has no part being ANYWHERE on a Best Something for the DS list.

Also, while I don't like GTA (just not my type of game), I DID play Chinatown Wars, and it is a TRUE sequel to GTA 2, and technologically, it is a marvellous achievement; smooth, stylized graphics, unlike (oh, say) Suikoden's ugly 3D (or Rune Factory's).

There is very very little GTA;CW does WRONG, so there's really no reason not to rate it very highly.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly what does it matter? people put to much time into worrying about sites like these,while I do agree CT is overated/hyped it still doesn't matter overall,I didn't think nintendo would even dare to put a GTA title on the DS but they did and it turned out pretty damn good,even for one such as myself that got tired of GTA years ago.....

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Lol, you guys took my post out of context. I'm not saying "it even beat Chrono Trigger" because CT is an amazing game or anything like that, I'm just saying it beat CT which used to be the top game in the DS ratings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: At least maybe give context, the conversations going quicker.