Hacking Holiday Game Backups, as a gift...

dipper145

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My cousin, has a Wii. I don't, so I'm not really sure of the process on how to backup games.

Once I get an ISO, do I just need to burn it to a disc? (Using like 2.0x as it reduces read errors or something)

Is there anything I need to add to the disc to get it to run? I know he has an NTSC wii, but I don't know what modchip he has (if it matters what modchip he has please tell me).

Also, since he has an NTSC wii, can he only play NTSC games? Can he play PAL games too? Is there something I need to add to PAL games to get it to run (safely, I don't wnat to be blamed for breaking his wii) on an NTSC wii?

I'd very much appreciate any help you guys can give me.

Happy Holidays.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It would be a better present to have the original games instead of a burned DVD that he can easily get on his own.

And if he has a modchip, I'd really just forget about the whole Wii idea and do something else.

Dookieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty stupid idea if you ask me. He has a chip, so he probably can get any game he wants. So backups seems pretty cheap ass gift.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude, get him some accessories. such as, a different zapper, racer wheel, or second controller. also, what would happen if you get backups for him and they dont work. you cant really test them before you give them to him. for the cost of an accessory you can also get him a 100 spool of verbatim dvd-r's. those will absolutely get used.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
BEST ANSWER^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^BEST ANSWER

And also remember that the best gift........is the company!!!
tongue.gif

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Or an inkjet printer that prints direct to printable media, so he can have some cool looking backups.
smile.gif

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get him 2 wii pistols and a partridge in a pear tree. for real, i got a friend who came to me too get the back up channel (he isn't tech savvy). and he is talking about getting me to burn him some wii backups for his kid for Christmas. i am going to write from me on the disks in perm marker lol. for real that is cheap. don't be a Christmas pirate scrooge. get over to gamestop and get him something used. thats what Christmas is all about!! i like the new eii sensor bars with the auto shut off vs the nyko bar just having the alarm. they are only 14bucks!!

Merry Christmas everyone!!! Feliz Navidad!!

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Nothing says "Christmas" like the gift of some ripped-off software on a crappy DVD-R with the the title written on it in black marker in the givers' crappy wavy handwriting...

Man, you are pure class. I'm glad you're not related to me.
closedeyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, ohkay