Holding Reset boots Priiloader???

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by i0nzeu5, May 31, 2017.

1. i0nzeu5
    OP

i0nzeu5 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2017
    United States
    Hey all, so if my Wii is already on & I hold the reset button down it loads Priiloader. Is this supposed to happen? It seems like it shouldn't.

2. iCEQB

iCEQB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    i0nzeu5 likes this.
  3. i0nzeu5
    OP

i0nzeu5 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2017
    United States
    I appreciate that but maybe I wasn't being clear enough, sorry. I'm giving this Wii to my kids son & I do not want it to go to Priiloader if he should happen to hold down the reset button while gaming. I know how to access Priiloader by holding reset while turning the Wii on & that's fine as I doubt the kid will do that 2 button combo but I'd like to make it so that holding the reset button down while the Wii is already on does not access Priiloader. I'd like to just make it so that the reset button, no matter whether it is pressed briefly or held down for a second or 2 simply resets the Wii, NOT goes to Priiloader. If the page you linked me to explains how to do that I thank you, I just do not understand exactly where or how it says to do that.

4. iCEQB

iCEQB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    Yup, your first post indeed wasn't clear enough :D

If, like you said above, you hold down the reset button while the Wii is running, then Priiloader works correctly. Because holding it down, resets the Wii and launches Priiloader.

On the other hand, that behaviour shouldn't happen if you press the Reset button briefly :/

i0nzeu5 likes this.
  5. i0nzeu5
    OP

i0nzeu5 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2017
    United States
    OHHHH!!!! Ok thank you!!! I thought Priiloader ONLY ran if the Wii was off & THEN the power was turned on while holding reset. Jeez giving myself a migraine trying to solve what is apparently not an issue.
    Thank you!
    I will try to find a way to password protect the Priiloader settings I make so that the kid cannot change anything.