Hitman DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by matrix121391, Aug 22, 2008.

Aug 22, 2008

Hitman DS by matrix121391 at 3:50 AM (3,065 Views / 0 Likes) 23 replies

1. matrix121391
    OP

Member matrix121391 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I thought it'd be nice to have a decent stealth game out on the DS and since I'm a big Hitman fan, I thought it'd be great if the series made its way to the handheld systems. Any one daring to take on the task?

2. pilotwangs

Member pilotwangs GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    Not me,but Im loving the Idea.

In the mean time,find yourself a good GBC emu for DS and play the Metal gear solid game,I remember loving it when I was younger.

3. Ducky

Member Ducky QUACKJECTION!

Israel
    And I thougth hitman comes to the DS in a new stealth adventure.

4. imz

Member imz GBAtemp's vigilante

United Kingdom
    you mean THEE hitman? ( the one which had sequels called silent assassin, contracts and blood money?) if so I highly doubt someone could port that onto the DS that was a very intense game ( far too much to handle for the DS) do you have the game installed on your PC now? If so what's the file size?

5. Raestloz

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    Hitman Blood Money requires around 4GB disk space, I've one installed

Don't even think about the idea, NDS is not for Assassination game, for a good example look for Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles

I'm sure it makes everything clear, although it's not the game's fault, it's the developer's but you got the idea

6. Gerinych

Member Gerinych GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I thought it was good.

7. imz

Member imz GBAtemp's vigilante

United Kingdom
    It was an OK 3D side scroller but we expected so much more from it as it was the same franchise as Assassins creed in the main consoles, The graphics were grainy and the touch screen games felt like a last minute add-on, unlike it's console counterpart the game was not free roaming (which I think was one of the main complaints) instead it was like a side scroller apart from the fact that it wasn't linear, because it was in 3D there was some space to roam around but a very confined space

8. ShiningSaber

Member ShiningSaber Tiger

United States
    Not true. I think a game like Tenchu Z (a 360 game) would do very well, as it wasn't too complicated, although it was still fun.

9. ENDscape

Member ENDscape REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!

Philippines
    I came here thinking it was Hitman Reborn! "orz

10. Raestloz

Indonesia
    You do realize that that Tenchu Z you're talking about is a 360 game and we're talking about NDS here, right?

Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles shouldn't be bad, but the developer is just lazy

11. ShiningSaber

Member ShiningSaber Tiger

United States
    Yes, I'm saying, a game LIKE it would be nice on the DS. If the DS has the equivalent of a portable 64s hardware, then I'm sure there's some way to make that ninja game on it, it wasn't complicated at all.

12. Raestloz

Indonesia
    Hmmm... well, I thought you're talking about a game with 360 quality [​IMG] never tried Tenchu though, I don't have 360

13. Sir-Fritz

Member Sir-Fritz GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Facepalm.

14. tatumanu

Member tatumanu GBAtemp Fan

Portugal
    there is a tenchu game for the ds and it sucks.

15. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    I think this thread needs to start from the top, and the stupid replies ignored.

Well said.

Now, I don't claim to know anything about programming or homebrew (I really don't know anything about it) but a Hitman game could probably be made for the DS, of course I would expect it to be a lot different to the PC games. Perhaps some sort of 2D Stealth Adventure game could be possible, but I doubt it would work well in 3D.

Oh, and inb4 people quote this post telling me about .

16. Curley5959

Member Curley5959 CCC Member!

Australia
    This would be a good game but unlikely to come to DS.. The graphics, maybe possible in 3d, We'lll just have to wait and see if they can 'master' GTA for DS and then we will know if its capable or not.. [​IMG]

17. Raestloz

Indonesia
    Let me make this clear
    1) I was answering to a guy above me, he asked about what is the filesize of Hitman? And I simply answered, 4GB, and somehow you managed to complain about that

2) Assassin's Creed is not a bad game, it's just so-so, but it can't fulfill the expectations of many people who have played the console and PC version of it, and for those people, Assassin's Creed is just disappointing, what's the meaning of a game if the players are disappointed?

3) Harry Potter Goblet of Fire and Harry Potter Order of Phoenix, The Spiderwick Chronicles, Pirates of Carribean, all of them can't present us a decent gameplay, or after a short while, it's no longer good, all of them are based on movies. Do you see a pattern here? I bet you do. Anyway, that pattern tells us that "A game based on movie usually will turn out bad" Sure, Transformers is good, but you can't deny the fact that the ones I told you can't achieve Transformers's level.

Humans usually think of something from the negative side, that's why there are so many people who wrote books and talk in seminars telling us to think positive. For example: people complain that his/her salary is too low, they never be thankful that at least they have a job

4) Sir Fritz was facepalming the statement that hopes NDS has the power of N64. NDS and N64 is a different matter entirely, even I would facepalm that.

Back on topic: Hitman DS, while not entirely impossible, requires so many resources. Just like Assassin's Creed, Hitman is a serious game, and appears with high-quality graphic NDS will never dream of. There are just too many aspects in Assassination game and everything is important, and the combination of all this aspects requires alot of resource, and NDS won't be able to pull it off. Taking out some of it's aspects is likely the only way to make it fit on DS, but then it won't be able to present a full gaming experience.

We have so many expectations from games like this, and seeing it not the way we expect it may disappoint us

18. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    Huh, too many aspects huh? Hide from people, find a person, kill person, escape.. yeah, I think the DS could do that. Maybe not a first person view like the PC Hitman games, but it'd be able to work great as a 2(.5)D stealth game. Sure, the levels wouldn't be able to be huge and complicated, but sometimes simple killing is all people want.

Taking out what exactly? In a 2(.5)D Hitman game, the gameplay would probably very much stay the same. The only things I could think of being removed or toned down would be the graphics, music and level size. Sure, First Person view would probably be removed but I think it's very possible for there to be a Hitman game on the DS as long as it's done right.

Trying to port the PC game would just be crazy talk, though.

19. TwinBlades

Member TwinBlades GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Korea, South
  20. Dark Reality

Newcomer Dark Reality Member

United States
    (Possibly) Better idea: Deus Ex for the DS. A bit older, I think, but a far better game. It had the whole stealth aspect as well as action and even RPG elements, and on top of that it was based on the Unreal 1 engine (same as Unreal Tournament) so it could run on near-ancient computers.