matrix121391

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I thought it'd be nice to have a decent stealth game out on the DS and since I'm a big Hitman fan, I thought it'd be great if the series made its way to the handheld systems. Any one daring to take on the task?

pilotwangs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not me,but Im loving the Idea.

In the mean time,find yourself a good GBC emu for DS and play the Metal gear solid game,I remember loving it when I was younger.

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you mean THEE hitman? ( the one which had sequels called silent assassin, contracts and blood money?) if so I highly doubt someone could port that onto the DS that was a very intense game ( far too much to handle for the DS) do you have the game installed on your PC now? If so what's the file size?

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hitman Blood Money requires around 4GB disk space, I've one installed

Don't even think about the idea, NDS is not for Assassination game, for a good example look for Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles

I'm sure it makes everything clear, although it's not the game's fault, it's the developer's but you got the idea

Gerinych

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Raestloz said:

Don't even think about the idea, NDS is not for Assassination game, for a good example look for Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles

I'm sure it makes everything clear, although it's not the game's fault, it's the developer's but you got the idea
I thought it was good.

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gerinych said:
Raestloz said:

I thought it was good.

It was an OK 3D side scroller but we expected so much more from it as it was the same franchise as Assassins creed in the main consoles, The graphics were grainy and the touch screen games felt like a last minute add-on, unlike it's console counterpart the game was not free roaming (which I think was one of the main complaints) instead it was like a side scroller apart from the fact that it wasn't linear, because it was in 3D there was some space to roam around but a very confined space

ShiningSaber

Tiger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raestloz said:
Not true. I think a game like Tenchu Z (a 360 game) would do very well, as it wasn't too complicated, although it was still fun.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
ShiningSaber said:
Raestloz said:
Not true. I think a game like Tenchu Z (a 360 game) would do very well, as it wasn't too complicated, although it was still fun.
You do realize that that Tenchu Z you're talking about is a 360 game and we're talking about NDS here, right?

Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles shouldn't be bad, but the developer is just lazy

ShiningSaber

Tiger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raestloz said:
ShiningSaber said:
Raestloz said:
You do realize that that Tenchu Z you're talking about is a 360 game and we're talking about NDS here, right?

Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles shouldn't be bad, but the developer is just lazy
Yes, I'm saying, a game LIKE it would be nice on the DS. If the DS has the equivalent of a portable 64s hardware, then I'm sure there's some way to make that ninja game on it, it wasn't complicated at all.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hmmm... well, I thought you're talking about a game with 360 quality
tongue.gif
never tried Tenchu though, I don't have 360

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
ShiningSaber said:
Raestloz said:
ShiningSaber said:
Raestloz said:

Yes, I'm saying, a game LIKE it would be nice on the DS. If the DS has the equivalent of a portable 64s hardware, then I'm sure there's some way to make that ninja game on it, it wasn't complicated at all.
Facepalm.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
I think this thread needs to start from the top, and the stupid replies ignored.

imz said:
you mean THEE hitman? ( the one which had sequels called silent assassin, contracts and blood money?) if so I highly doubt someone could port that onto the DS that was a very intense game ( far too much to handle for the DS) do you have the game installed on your PC now? If so what's the file size?

Nobody said anything about porting, way to throw the thread from the rails.

Raestloz said:

Once again, I don't see the word "port" in the OP, do you? Also, just because there happens to be one bad game based on a bad game doesn't mean a stealth based assassination game will be a bad idea.

QUOTE(Sir-Fritz @ Aug 29 2008, 11:27 AM)
Facepalm.

Well said.

Now, I don't claim to know anything about programming or homebrew (I really don't know anything about it) but a Hitman game could probably be made for the DS, of course I would expect it to be a lot different to the PC games. Perhaps some sort of 2D Stealth Adventure game could be possible, but I doubt it would work well in 3D.

Oh, and inb4 people quote this post telling me about .

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Law said:
I think this thread needs to start from the top, and the stupid replies ignored.

imz said:
you mean THEE hitman? ( the one which had sequels called silent assassin, contracts and blood money?) if so I highly doubt someone could port that onto the DS that was a very intense game ( far too much to handle for the DS) 1)do you have the game installed on your PC now? If so what's the file size?

Nobody said anything about porting, way to throw the thread from the rails.

Raestloz said:
1)Hitman Blood Money requires around 4GB disk space, I've one installed

I'm sure it makes everything clear, although 2)it's not the game's fault, it's the developer's but you got the idea

Once again, I don't see the word "port" in the OP, do you? Also, just because there happens to be one bad game based on a bad game doesn't mean a stealth based assassination game will be a bad idea.

QUOTE(Sir-Fritz @ Aug 29 2008, 11:27 AM)
Facepalm.

Well said.

Let me make this clear
1) I was answering to a guy above me, he asked about what is the filesize of Hitman? And I simply answered, 4GB, and somehow you managed to complain about that

2) Assassin's Creed is not a bad game, it's just so-so, but it can't fulfill the expectations of many people who have played the console and PC version of it, and for those people, Assassin's Creed is just disappointing, what's the meaning of a game if the players are disappointed?

3) Harry Potter Goblet of Fire and Harry Potter Order of Phoenix, The Spiderwick Chronicles, Pirates of Carribean, all of them can't present us a decent gameplay, or after a short while, it's no longer good, all of them are based on movies. Do you see a pattern here? I bet you do. Anyway, that pattern tells us that "A game based on movie usually will turn out bad" Sure, Transformers is good, but you can't deny the fact that the ones I told you can't achieve Transformers's level.

Humans usually think of something from the negative side, that's why there are so many people who wrote books and talk in seminars telling us to think positive. For example: people complain that his/her salary is too low, they never be thankful that at least they have a job

4) Sir Fritz was facepalming the statement that hopes NDS has the power of N64. NDS and N64 is a different matter entirely, even I would facepalm that.

Back on topic: Hitman DS, while not entirely impossible, requires so many resources. Just like Assassin's Creed, Hitman is a serious game, and appears with high-quality graphic NDS will never dream of. There are just too many aspects in Assassination game and everything is important, and the combination of all this aspects requires alot of resource, and NDS won't be able to pull it off. Taking out some of it's aspects is likely the only way to make it fit on DS, but then it won't be able to present a full gaming experience.

We have so many expectations from games like this, and seeing it not the way we expect it may disappoint us

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Raestloz said:
Let me make this clear
1) I was answering to a guy above me, he asked about what is the filesize of Hitman? And I simply answered, 4GB, and somehow you managed to complain about that

2) Assassin's Creed is not a bad game, it's just so-so, but it can't fulfill the expectations of many people who have played the console and PC version of it, and for those people, Assassin's Creed is just disappointing, what's the meaning of a game if the players are disappointed?

3) Harry Potter Goblet of Fire and Harry Potter Order of Phoenix, The Spiderwick Chronicles, Pirates of Carribean, all of them can't present us a decent gameplay, or after a short while, it's no longer good, all of them are based on movies. Do you see a pattern here? I bet you do. Anyway, that pattern tells us that "A game based on movie usually will turn out bad" Sure, Transformers is good, but you can't deny the fact that the ones I told you can't achieve Transformers's level.

Humans usually think of something from the negative side, that's why there are so many people who wrote books and talk in seminars telling us to think positive. For example: people complain that his/her salary is too low, they never be thankful that at least they have a job

4) Sir Fritz was facepalming the statement that hopes NDS has the power of N64. NDS and N64 is a different matter entirely, even I would facepalm that.

Well done, you've managed to misread my post.

1) Good for you, but you might want to look up the definition of the word "complaining". You might want to look up the definition of the word "port" too. I'll elaborate on this later on in slightly more detail. Not to mention what I said pretty much goes for the whole post. Just because a PC game is 4GB doesn't mean a homebrew game would be 4GB.

2) I haven't played the original Assassins Creed, and even I found it disappointing. Buggy game, bad gameplay, bad controls. Bad minigame.

3) This doesn't even make sense. What do games based on movies have ANYTHING to do with my post? Did you even read it? Did I say bad movies made bad games? No, I said that it was a bad game based on a bad game. Nothing to do with movies therefore there is no pattern. Every Hitman game is a good game. Even if they were to make it in the style of Metal Gear it would still be awesome (Although, Metal Gear was awesome anyway). Also, so I'm thinking of this in a negative manner, am I? I seem to be the only person here who thinks it could work. If anything, you are the one thinking in a negative manner. You should learn to be more positive and look at what could happen, rather than complaning that it'll never happen because it doesn't look shiny and there isn't enough bloom.

4) Great, thanks for telling me something I already knew. Appreciate it.

QUOTE said:
Back on topic: Hitman DS, while not entirely impossible, requires so many resources. Just like Assassin's Creed, Hitman is a serious game, and appears with high-quality graphic NDS will never dream of. There are just too many aspects in Assassination game and everything is important, and the combination of all this aspects requires alot of resource, and NDS won't be able to pull it off. Taking out some of it's aspects is likely the only way to make it fit on DS, but then it won't be able to present a full gaming experience.

How is that even "back on topic"? Have you even been following the topic? Oh wait, there is no topic to follow. You de-railed it. Good job, buddy.

QUOTE said:
Hitman DS, while not entirely impossible, requires so many resources.

Does it? I wasn't aware that it even existed. Even if it did exist, why exactly do you think that it has to be a 3D game with the graphics of "Blood Money"? It could easily work as a 2D (Or even 2.5D) Stealth game.

QUOTEHitman is a serious game, and appears with high-quality graphic NDS will never dream of.

Hitman? A serious game? Tell that to the guy in the Santa Claus costume that I just knifed... oh wait.

There are just too many aspects in Assassination game and everything is important, and the combination of all this aspects requires alot of resource. Taking out some of it's aspects is likely the only way to make it fit on DS, but then it won't be able to present a full gaming experience.

Huh, too many aspects huh? Hide from people, find a person, kill person, escape.. yeah, I think the DS could do that. Maybe not a first person view like the PC Hitman games, but it'd be able to work great as a 2(.5)D stealth game. Sure, the levels wouldn't be able to be huge and complicated, but sometimes simple killing is all people want.

Taking out what exactly? In a 2(.5)D Hitman game, the gameplay would probably very much stay the same. The only things I could think of being removed or toned down would be the graphics, music and level size. Sure, First Person view would probably be removed but I think it's very possible for there to be a Hitman game on the DS as long as it's done right.

Trying to port the PC game would just be crazy talk, though.

Dark Reality

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Possibly) Better idea: Deus Ex for the DS. A bit older, I think, but a far better game. It had the whole stealth aspect as well as action and even RPG elements, and on top of that it was based on the Unreal 1 engine (same as Unreal Tournament) so it could run on near-ancient computers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs