Hacking Highest emunand version you can use without owning a Gateway?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Can I use the Gateway red card to install Dev Menu on EmuNand created with the MT firmware?
I'm looking a way to install .cia without needing the gateway card to initialice the EmuNand (the flashcard is not mine)
no, to use any installed cia files in MT or gateway mode you need to insert the card and boot into gateway/MT mode......having the card once isnt going to work

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I know, but people on this th are saying the got the emunand running with the MT firmware without any card
I think so, yes. If people are correct in saying that you don't need MT card for the MT emuNAND--install CIA installer once and you're done.,
no, only classic mode works without the MT card.........classic mode does not run any installed cia files....yeah they will be there, you can see them, you can touch them, but they wil not run

to run any installed content you would need to be in MT card mode.....which as you guessed requires the MT card to be inserted to boot into it, exactly the same as gateway mode needing the gateway card to be inserted.....these teams aren't dumb, they do realize that if the card was only needed once to install devmenu and then you can just sell it, they would be out of business faster than you can say "oooops we made a mistake"

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
no, only classic mode works without the MT card.........classic mode does not run any installed cia files....yeah they will be there, you can see them, you can touch them, but they wil not run

Oh, well then. If only classic mode works--that makes sense. I was assuming Gateway mode.

Yeah, classic mode can't run anything unsigned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1