High Voltage Moves On To 360 & PC

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Aug 12, 2009.

Aug 12, 2009
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    75 quality titles? lol. Message to HVS, stick to the Wii, the PC/360 even PS3 have much fiercer competition. A game like The Conduit or even The Grinder would have been overlooked far more easily and would have probably sold less than on those machines than the Wii.

2. Ame16787

Member Ame16787 GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    that reminds me that i'll always blame nintendo for making the wii roughly twice as powerful as gamecube. that " current generation" BS!! trying to separate wii from the rest REALLY REALLY pisses me off. Even if i will always stick with nintendo i'll never forget the big N for letting this pass. [​IMG]

3. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    There's a Movie about this decision:
    [​IMG]
    (I had to do this). Seriously, that's a bad decision in my opinion. They should stick with supporting the Wii and give some "Hardcore"-Games. They probably won't have any Chance to survive in the 360/PC Section (see the Reasons of Nosferadrian).

4. MeleeMaster500

Member MeleeMaster500 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    game companies which make up the best noticeable games on nintendo systems need to stick with nintendo. RARE made up the majority of the best games on the N64 and upon working for microsoft, they haven't made nearly as good quality games. (repackage of conkers, a frustrating average FPS sequel to perfect dark, and the horrible offspring of the prestigious banjo kazooie platforming system). all of which are largely overlooked by the competing franchises on the other systems.

with enough advertising, any simple game can succeed far more over the miles on crap available on the nintendo systems.

5. rauthelegendary

Member rauthelegendary GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    The Conduit wouldn't even have survived on the other consoles, it's way too bland and generic.

HVS is making quite a big mistake here. They should be happy that a mediocre shooter like The Conduit got so much sales, not deserved in my opinion.

6. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    In the case of Rare, them not doing as well was more because the main people have already left Rare before they even started on developing Gamecube games.

I did enjoy Viva Pinata a lot but it would've been much more successful on the Wii or even PS2.

7. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    HVS won't leave the Wii.. not so soon at least, they still have a bunch of projects on the system.

And anyway, the Infernal engine used on Ghostbusters is multiplatform and has also support to Wii, PS2 and PSP (The Wii version was done using it, and so was Mushroom Man)

8. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    I haven't even seen 5 quality games from High Voltage, let alone 75 so they can stuff that crap about quality games. The Conduit was ok at best and an extremely short Halo clone just with motion controls which was about the only thing that made it worthwhile over other shooters and more action packed then Metroid Prime 3.

9. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    lol 75?

they only have 1 decent game in their whole library
    I dont know how that means they have a track record of developing quality products

10. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    time to pirate now
    i would understand the xbox cuz they are very first personed from the very beginning but pc...umm i think it would be better to lay off