Higan (SNES emulator) for Mac ?

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I know about Xcode. I already have it. High v101 just released for Windows. I am trying to compiling Higan v101 on Mac.

To anybody on these boards are, please kindly, to help me out how to compile on MAC? ^_^

Last edited by spotanjo3,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how you'd go about compiling it, but if there's not any particular reason you need this specific emulator you can install OpenEmu. It's an all-in-one wrapper for many emulators that comes with a ROM library that downloads box art and you can select between different cores. I really like it.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how you'd go about compiling it, but if there's not any particular reason you need this specific emulator you can install OpenEmu. It's an all-in-one wrapper for many emulators that comes with a ROM library that downloads box art and you can select between different cores. I really like it.

I understand but I am just asking for Higan.. Nothing else. I do have OpenEmu but i just want to try Higan on Mac.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Send me the Xcode file, see what I can do

Just talked with Higan developer and his people. Here:

Everything *may* be good for v102 if the above changes get merged by byuu before then. He has a problem with Mac code. So I guess I will have to wait for v102.

By the way, DavidR099.. A step by step tutorial will be nice from you until v102 is release.

DavidRO99

Average Ryzen user.
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Just talked with Higan developer and his people. Here:

Everything *may* be good for v102 if the above changes get merged by byuu before then. He has a problem with Mac code. So I guess I will have to wait for v102.

By the way, DavidR099.. A step by step tutorial will be nice from you until v102 is release.
I didn't say I will succeed I wanted to try... couldn't you use wine or even better WineBottler so you can convert it into a mac app?

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't say I will succeed I wanted to try... couldn't you use wine or even better WineBottler so you can convert it into a mac app?

They did and it didn't succeed. Higan developer and his people found the problem and will release v102 soon. So don't waste your time. Again, if you want then go to bsnes site and download the source. :)

Yes, I did try Wineskin and it won't run this emulator at all. I have no problem with any emulators using Wineskin and this one is the problem. I rather to have a small file since Wineskin can convert them into a larger file than emulator actually size file.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn...