Hiding Homebrew Channel Banner

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by SolarFusion, Sep 19, 2014.

1. SolarFusion
    OP

SolarFusion Member

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2014
    United States
    Hey, a couple of days ago I got HBC installed for the second time (I had it breifly a year ago). The problem is that my parents threatened to take away all my systems if they ever caught me using Homebrew. Naturally I don't want this happening, they haven't used my Wii for about six months now since I got my WiiU and all they use is Netflix anyways but if they did someday turn it on by chance, I don't want that nice, clean banner sitting there, incriminating me. I read here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-channel-password.173666/ that there is a way to hide HBC comepletely either behind a different channel banner or make it dissapear from the menu entirely.

Does anyone have the method documented fully somewhere?

Thank you,
    SolarFusion

2. YoshiInAVoid

YoshiInAVoid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Banned
    Jan 10, 2011
    Why?

Margen67 likes this.
  3. jonthedit

jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    inb4 "it's illegal they don't want to goto jail ;0;"

Edit: You can transfer the HBC to an SD card so you can only see it/run it with that specific SD in the Wii.

Margen67 likes this.
  4. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    Move HBC to last page and hope they don't go over there

5. SolarFusion
    OP

SolarFusion Member

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2014
    United States
    Yeah, all of these options still leave it exposed to be found. I really want it hidden/with a different cover.

It has nothing to do with illegal, I'm only going to be using homebrew(No ROMs). They are just scared of downloads.

TTYL
    Solar

6. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    uninstall it and use another homebrew forwarder to launch something else. almost all loaders can run homebrew apps including wiiflow and usb loader gx, as well as like MMM, WiiMod and prob a few others.

rip the banner from an official Wii channel (like a VC or WiiWare game), inject to a wad and add a custom forwarder.

Margen67 likes this.
  7. SolarFusion
    OP

SolarFusion Member

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2014
    United States
    Alright, could you please give me a link to a tutorial? I'm pretty new to all this and I honestly have got no idea to do any of what you just suggested(Other than the uninstalling method). :)

I forget to mention earlier that I have BootMii and Priiloader already installed as well.

With other loaders, can I still use Priiloader, BootMii, and Homebrew browser?

Thanks,
    SolarFusion

8. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    Margen67 likes this.
  9. SolarFusion
    OP

SolarFusion Member

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2014
    United States
    I didn't mean to imply that I had Priiloader and BootMii installed as channels. Priiloader is accessed by using the power/reset method and BootMii is accessed from PriiLoader or HBC. Will I still be able to use Homebrew Browser with other loaders?

Thanks for the Link,
    SolarFusion

10. SolarFusion
    OP

SolarFusion Member

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2014
    United States
    Okay, Okay, I did as you said and created a WAD with custom banner and title using CustomizeMii. Now how do I make this forwarder you're talking about? I've tried a couple of things but all I'm getting is a Stack dump and code dump right before it reloads the System Menu.

What now?

Thanks,
    SolarFusion