Hideo Kojima's Death Stranding will be out this November, new trailer unveiled

Hideo Kojima's absolutely wild looking game, Death Stranding, has just gotten its official release date. In the latest trailer, we continue to see the bizarre imagery from previous trailers alongside some brand new gameplay. Also shown is main character Sam (played by Norman Reedus) exploring massive landscapes, fighting enemies in bulky yellow hazmat-like suits, and riding a transforming motorcycle. Capping off the eight-minute video is the day the game will launch: November 8, 2019, as an exclusive for the PlayStation 4.

Death Stranding” is a completely new type of action game, where the goal of the player is to reconnect isolated cities and a fragmented society. It is created so that all elements, including the story and gameplay, are bound together by the theme of the “Strand” or connection. As Sam Porter Bridges, you will attempt to bridge the divides in society, and in doing create new bonds or “Strands” with other players around the globe. Through your experience playing the game, I hope you’ll come to understand the true importance of forging connections with others.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the only game Kojima is working on right now. I think the confusion is that he mentioned PC in the beginning but then Sony got involved and now it's an exclusive. Who knows though Beyond Two Souls and Heavy Rain came to PC (or at least is coming) and they were also PS4 exclusives so anything's possible but I don't believe anything is official.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This is the only game Kojima is working on right now. I think the confusion is that he mentioned PC in the beginning but then Sony got involved and now it's an exclusive. Who knows though Beyond Two Souls and Heavy Rain came to PC (or at least is coming) and they were also PS4 exclusives so anything's possible but I don't believe anything is official.
Sony was involved from the beginning, but from the beginning there's been no mention of the game remaining exclusive. PC seems like a natural fit for such a graphically demanding game, but there are certainly no guarantees one way or another at this point.

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that was far more gripping than I expected it to be. Gameplay looks kinda like Horizon: Zero Dawn mixed with horror/survival elements. Hoping it comes to PC as well, and it was actually confirmed for PC back in 2015, but nothing further has been stated on that front since.

Game is backed by Sony and its a PS Exclusive
Sony was involved from the beginning, but from the beginning there's been no mention of the game remaining exclusive. PC seems like a natural fit for such a graphically demanding game, but there are certainly no guarantees one way or another at this point.

PC release date is said to be around 2020

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I think that's called a "timed exclusive".
Sony always seems to do their best to make things as confusing as possible. Beyond Two Souls and Heavy Rain still have the 'only on Playstation' logo even though we now know they're coming to PC. Pretty soon it won't mean anything to customers except "wait six months."

Last edited by Xzi,

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Seems like Yr not very interested otherwise you'd get on day one so just say yr interested :lol:

I believe that as most 1st party titles (except nintendo) this will drop rapidly in price so as much as I'm interested I don't want to lose $20 in a couple weeks.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I believe that as most 1st party titles (except nintendo) this will drop rapidly in price so as much as I'm interested I don't want to lose $20 in a couple weeks.
For the time it's taken and obvious detail gone into it just pay the extra and show Yr support

Alicias_lance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude this trailer is cringe; I can't take it seriously. It feels like Kojima just smoked a bunch of DMT and drank 2 bottles of scotch every other week to develop this game. I'm sure mechanically this game probably works fine and has great graphics and all the good shnaz triple A games have, but what the fuck am I suppose to get out of that trailer? This is like No Man's Sky again where every thing is vague and hyped then we get a shitty game. I mean seriously all we saw was a guy set up a ladder, descend a trench, punch some janitors, and connect a baby to his chest. This is just my instinctual reaction to the trailer. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe the game is great and Kojima just made a terrible trailer, but I've seen these games over and over again that show little game play and emphasize cinematics and most of the time they suck. The only reason why this time is an exception is cuz of Kojima. This game looks more like something I'd watch be streamed and not play myself.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's always COD, if you don't want this game.

Find it funny that they have homo demons (?) that don't look like demons (or anything special for that matter), but then actually seem to have ghost and the undead.

I call dibs on the possibility of time travel.
That or alternate dimensions.

And Sony for still betting on single player experiences.
While betting on cloud gaming too.

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Dude this trailer is cringe; I can't take it seriously. It feels like Kojima just smoked a bunch of DMT and drank 2 bottles of scotch every other week to develop this game.
I still don't understand why people still confused after watching the last trailer, it's clearly set in the future after apocalypse or something, now how this happened? we need to play the game to find out.
when you die it's not game over, Kojima hinted that long time ago, the trailer shows that when sam got swallowed by that black thing he went to some kind of a world under war, and i guess he need to make his way out of there to the real world by fighting undead soldiers.
as for the baby no one knows exactly whats the story behind it, all we know that the baby can sense those invisible monsters.

This is like No Man's Sky again where every thing is vague and hyped then we get a shitty game.
How dare you compare the people who work for No Man's Sky to an expert like Hideo Kojima.

I mean seriously all we saw was a guy set up a ladder, descend a trench, punch some janitors, and connect a baby to his chest.
You didn't see shooting? because i pretty much saw the man shooting.
I saw shooting, fighting, sneaking, hiding, climbing and of course motorcycle, sounds like Metal Gear Solid to me.

all i get from the trailer is you will be delivering cargo, and from there your adventure will begin, discovering new areas, climbing mountains, hide or kill those mercenaries (Kojima said killing will have consequences, so i think who dies goes to the other world which will make your own death is hard to get out from), connect new areas together with the help from other players to make better world and watch out from those invisible monsters.
and of course Mads Mikkelsen will rise from the dead bringing his friends from the other world and shit will happen.

All that shit sounds great to me, and of course we will understand the story when we play the game, and i'm sure we wont understand it fully because as i said before Kojima like people to analyze and make theories.

Have fun.

Alicias_lance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you die it's not game over, Kojima hinted that long time ago, the trailer shows that when sam got swallowed by that black thing he went to some kind of a world under war, and i guess he need to make his way out of there to the real world by fighting undead soldiers.
as for the baby no one knows exactly whats the story behind it, all we know that the baby can sense those invisible monsters.

see that sounds cool, but this trailer doesn't explain that very well; I haven't seen too much of death stranding stuff, but this is exactly my point: it could be about what you said, or it could be the homo demons are aliens from world war zone place thingy that the babies can travel to or it could be demons a witch summoned and ghosts are manifesting. Like all that feels really silly. Just explain what the game is already. On top of that theres a character called die-hard man and a girl that cries blood. This feels like a Twilight fan fiction.

You didn't see shooting? because i pretty much saw the man shooting.
I saw shooting, fighting, sneaking, hiding, climbing and of course motorcycle, sounds like Metal Gear Solid to me.

ye i saw typical elements of most action shooty adventure games nowadays; not really revolutionary.

all i get from the trailer is you will be delivering cargo, and from there your adventure will begin, discovering new areas, climbing mountains, hide or kill those mercenaries (Kojima said killing will have consequences, so i think who dies goes to the other world which will make your own death is hard to get out from), connect new areas together with the help from other players to make better world and watch out from those invisible monsters.
and of course Mads Mikkelsen will rise from the dead bringing his friends from the other world and shit will happen.

meh? that doesn't sound interesting. sounds like an average fantasy story but with shoot guns and bridge babies

All that shit sounds great to me, and of course we will understand the story when we play the game, and i'm sure we wont understand it fully because as i said before Kojima like people to analyze and make theories.

Have fun.

Ye the thing is I'd like the game explained to me; I could care less about the story if all I'm getting is a regular shooter
but with tactical espionage action. I'm gonna call this out for what it is: this is a Kojima fan boy game. I like Metal Gear, but this feels really trashy. I don't see anything special about this game from the trailer other than it's weird and strange and you should buy it because it's vague art that can't really be explained.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2