Hacking Hide EmuMMC Partition Windows?

Dave_Chad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi i was wondering if there is a way to stop the EmuMMC partition on my micro sd from showing up in windows and asking to format it?

I have tried,

Windows Disk Management
EaseUS
Aomei
MiniTool

None of these will allow hiding or removing the drive letter.

Also tried GParted in a live environment but it doesn't seem to recognize the partition.

I ask because i'm sure SX emunand partition doesn't pop up so there HAS to be a way.

tglaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Democratic Republic of the
are you sure about:
- Sx nand partition not showing on Windows?
- Disk management wont let you remove the letter?

Also ehat windows are you using?
95, 98, 2003?

Dave_Chad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Using Windows 10. Most partition software won't let you mess with a 2nd partition on an sd card. Lower versions of Windows won't even show the partition i don't think.

I have somehow got Aomei to work now. I just unassigned the drive letter. Now it doesn't pop up to format in Windows when i plug it in but still boots up on the Switch.

WINNING.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can literally just delete the partition. The data will still be there, the offset will still be the same, everything works fine.

In fact, on my microSD I opted to put the emuMMC partition at the beginning of the drive rather than the end of the drive like most people do. This makes it easier for me to clone it to a bigger card in the future. With that sort of setup though, you have to delete the partition so that Horizon won't try to mess with it.

I know it sounds crazy, but just delete the partition. I've been using Atmosphere's emuMMC for a long time with no problems this way. Don't just take my word for it though, look in this thread. This is where I got the idea from:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/emummc-setup-win-linux-quadboot.541152/page-4#post-8682981

With the partition gone, you won't get any prompts about formatting, and you don't have to worry about anything trying to write data over it unless you try to re-image or re-partition your card.

Reactions: pakrett

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1