Homebrew Official HID to VPAD

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tried with a Xbox One controller, ( xinput ), the app dont recognize my controller.

The Wii U app, you mean? There are a couple of solutions.

Unfortunately it won’t show up there on its own. You need to get the Network Client and connect the controller to a computer on the same WiFi network.

If you mean it’s not showing up in the Network Client, try re-scanning, or check in the options to see whether Xinput controllers are set to be detected. And have you entered the right IP address for the Wii U into the Network Client (it is shown in the corner of the screen in the Wii U app)?

Alternatively, you can get an adapter that will make it show up as one of the compatible controller types e.g. Switch controller. If you don’t mind it emulating a Wii U pro controller rather than the gamepad, Brook make an adapter that won’t even need HID to VPAD to work https://www.amazon.com/Gam3Gear-Wii-Controller-Converter-Nintendo-U/dp/B01IP77XI6.

Last edited by emcintosh,
D

Deleted User

The Wii U app, you mean? There are a couple of solutions.

Unfortunately it won’t show up there on its own. You need to get the Network Client and connect the controller to a computer on the same WiFi network.

If you mean it’s not showing up in the Network Client, try re-scanning, or check in the options to see whether Xinput controllers are set to be detected. And have you entered the right IP address for the Wii U into the Network Client (it is shown in the corner of the screen in the Wii U app)?

Alternatively, you can get an adapter that will make it show up as one of the compatible controller types e.g. Switch controller. If you don’t mind it emulating a Wii U pro controller rather than the gamepad, Brook make an adapter that won’t even need HID to VPAD to work https://www.amazon.com/Gam3Gear-Wii-Controller-Converter-Nintendo-U/dp/B01IP77XI6.
hey does the switch version of that adapter work on wii u?

ScrubLordm8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to run this controller patcher in Nintendont or is there any software on the vwii I can use? I'm currently using a 1st party Nintendo switch pro controller.

D

Deleted User

Is it possible to run this controller patcher in Nintendont or is there any software on the vwii I can use? I'm currently using a 1st party Nintendo switch pro controller.
nintendont already supports hid controllers only via usb but the switch pro controller is not standard hid so it wont work just like that. If you want to use it with nintendont buy this dongle. With tthis tool you will be able to use it wired and wirelessly

Last edited by ,
Reactions: ScrubLordm8

cybercuate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. Can you add support for making the pro controller as wii u gamepad? Idk if it is possible to mirror the inputs or something. The point is, make the pro controller usable on DS VC games to play comfortably in vertical mode on the gamepad.

D

Deleted User

Hi. Can you add support for making the pro controller as wii u gamepad? Idk if it is possible to mirror the inputs or something. The point is, make the pro controller usable on DS VC games to play comfortably in vertical mode on the gamepad.
u mean using the pro controller as gamepad? that is already possible. just open hidtovpad, select the gamepad icon
gg.jpg

and then press a button on the wii u pro controller. then press apply patches

Reactions: ScrubLordm8

cybercuate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
u mean using the pro controller as gamepad? that is already possible. just open hidtovpad, select the gamepad iconView attachment 166610
and then press a button on the wii u pro controller. then press apply patches
Im doing that right now and nope that is not working. Try it for urself even on DS VC games nothing happens

cmac86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hy guys, I must be doing something seriously wrong as I can not get this to work at all, I have many different controllers, xbox one, xbox 360, ds4, ds3, generic snes usb, 8bitdo, I know that the majority of them onkly work via the network option but I wanted to try getting the generic usb snes one working. I have all config files in what I believe to be the correct directory sd\wiiu\controller?? no inputs are being accepted, am I doing something wrong? I even created my own config files for the generic snes controller by getting the hardware ids (vid and pid) but nothing seems to work, I would love to get this to work for some family members to usb the classic snes styled controller instead of wii controllers. thanks alot.

Last edited by cmac86,
D

Deleted User

Hy guys, I must be doing something seriously wrong as I can not get this to work at all, I have many different controllers, xbox one, xbox 360, ds4, ds3, generic snes usb, 8bitdo, I know that the majority of them onkly work via the network option but I wanted to try getting the generic usb snes one working. I have all config files in what I believe to be the correct directory sd\wiiu\controller?? no inputs are being accepted, am I doing something wrong? I even created my own config files for the generic snes controller by getting the hardware ids (vid and pid) but nothing seems to work, I would love to get this to work for some family members to usb the classic snes styled controller instead of wii controllers. thanks alot.
https://github.com/Maschell/controller_patcher/wiki/5.d-Controller-|-Adding-new-devices

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol