Official HID to VPAD

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Maschell, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Felek666

Felek666 Typical CBHC user

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    @Maschell
    Release it. You can always release another fixed version as you stated. :)

2. beeswax

beeswax Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2013
    I agree that an earlier release with a simple warning that there may be bugs would be hugely appreciated.

3. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    I was about to say you could tag that unstable release as a pre-release on github. Then I noticed all your releases are pre-releases :P
    Anyways, another vote in favor of releasing early, with a warning if you want.

4. Kerouz

Kerouz GBAtemp Regular

Aug 26, 2015
    France
    In my home
    Damn, I was searching for a way to use the Switch Pro controller on the Wii U so I can use it for MK8, and now I see that this could get updated to support those soon.
    I'm hyped.

5. SpicyMeatball

SpicyMeatball Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2017
    United States
    Is it possible to use this software without a working, paired Wii U DRC? (aside from any initial setup when I could temporarily borrow one)

6. suloku

suloku GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 28, 2008
    Is there a way to map buttons to the right analog stick? I want to configure a n64 usb adapter I have, but can't find how to map the C buttons to the right analog stick (if this is even possible).

7. CreeperMario

CreeperMario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    OSv10 v15702
    At the moment, you kinda need the Wii U GamePad in order to launch Mii Maker, which in turn means you can't launch HBL to launch HID-to-VPAD.
    A "channel" exists for HBL, allowing you to launch it from the HOME Menu, and I'm not sure in you need a GamePad to run it or not. But then to install it, you need to use WUPInstaller, which means you have to launch HBL through Mii Maker, requiring a GamePad.

8. cucholix

cucholix GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    @Maschell is the controller config
    *.ini enabled on the current version? I'm trying to recalibrate the dead zone on my GCN controller because it's slighty narrower than the Wii U controllers, but it just ignore the config.

I tried adding [IgnoreDefault] + dead zone line but the game (Batman Blackgate) crashes when I touch the sticks.

It's possible configurate sticks dead zone in the gc controllers, if so how?

9. SpicyMeatball

SpicyMeatball Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2017
    United States
    I've actually got CBHC fully set up and working, but I only have a few days left borrowing this DRC.

When launched as a channel I can open homebrew like HID to VPAD with just a paired Wii Remote, however I can't select anything. I've simulated the unpaired DRC by keeping it out of range of the console.

10. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    I'd love to see a release of it @Maschell, my xbox360 controllers needs to be used more

SlimPortable likes this.
  11. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Darn makes me sad we may not be able to get new PS4 controllers though but still great program!

12. WaveSmash

WaveSmash Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    United States
    Is it possible to use a Wii Classic controller as a Wii U Pro controller? Sticky comment.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Did it work for you?

13. cucholix

cucholix GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    No, because it use blutooth for communication, only hid devices work with it (ex the one plugged to an usb slot).

14. WaveSmash

WaveSmash Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    United States
    So could I use a GC controller as the pro? I have a Mayflash GC adapter.

15. cucholix

cucholix GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    I'm not aware on how does work that device, but if it is similar to Nintendo official yeah, it should work, make sure it has the same vid/pid.

16. WaveSmash

WaveSmash Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    United States
    There is a switch on the back that swaps between PC and Wii U mode. Wii U mode is perfectly identical to the official adapter. I've tested it. How exactly can I make it recognize the GC controller as a Pro though? Or really any controller as a pro? I didn't see that anywhere. Is it a tag?

17. cucholix

cucholix GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    You touch the Wii U Pro in the left list, press A, then press A in the gamecube controller. Then press + to apply the changes.

18. WaveSmash

WaveSmash Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    United States
    Um, what? That wasn't too well explained. Thanks for sparing some time for me.

19. FunThomas

FunThomas GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    Gambia, The
    try for yourself and you will understand the explanation ;-)

its easy with the new gui to select what controller should be emulated

Last edited by FunThomas, Mar 18, 2017
  20. aljpn91

aljpn91 Banned

Banned
    Dec 28, 2015
    you need the beta that's on page 34