Homebrew HID to VPAD + Retroarch?

Resident Stevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anybody found a way to get these two to work together somehow? I would very much like to use my iBuffalo USB Gamepad in Retroarch. Going back through the homebrew launcher just returns me to the HID to VPAD application.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't done it or looked in to it, but couldn't you have retroarch installed as a channel? I figure if HID to VPAD is running, using the retroarch channel (if possible) would get around using HBL.

Resident Stevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't done it or looked in to it, but couldn't you have retroarch installed as a channel? I figure if HID to VPAD is running, using the retroarch channel (if possible) would get around using HBL.

I looked into that but I can't find a way to install it as a channel, unless I'm missing something.

Resident Stevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't install an actual channel, only the forwarder. As of now, there are only a handful of apps that have been created as actual channels.

Well that's essentially what I meant, but like I said, there doesn't seem to be any forwarders for Retroarch on the Wii U.

Nigleet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well that's essentially what I meant, but like I said, there doesn't seem to be any forwarders for Retroarch on the Wii U.
There most definitely is. That does not solve the problem. HID to VPAD needs to be integrated into Retroarch.

If you were interested in the forwarder:

"Until I make an "official" version that will maybe make sure your cores are up to date, I made a RetroArch Channel you can download here - http://www.mediafire.com/file/h8bso6s87u1ls38/RetroArch_Launcher.7z

It works with the new system, so you must have cores in the sd:/retroarch/cores folder and the info files in the sd:/retroarch/cores/info folder.

Also, if you installed the Libretro SNES9x Channel I made, you must delete that first, since this uses the same Title ID."

****Use the 1.4.1 cores. 1.5 is broken.* 1.4.1 cores: RetroArch_rpx.7z2017-02-02 15:4319.7 MB

D

Deleted User

Nope, if HIDtoVPAD is running in memory, it crashes instantly.
RetroArch takes whole memory pool or something.

D

Deleted User

@Felek666

So has this become, 'drc-sim+RetroArch'?
drc-sim requires a 5GHz broadband card, something which is very expensive nowadays.
This is not an option for everyone, it also requires alot of work to get correct drivers and even this damn program itself running on Linux. You'll also need controller drivers which is another problem because... well, Linux. If you have 2GHz [or 2.5GHz] card then forget about it. You will hardly even get stable 480p.

SlimPortable

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked in the main RetroArch thread before. Like others said the channel route isn't possible right now. It can work by being integrated into the RetroArch app but it would be up to the devs to do that. There hasn't been much updates to Wii U lately so something like this probably isn't interestingly them. Hopefully they'll consider it eventually though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Shouldn't preservation be legal tho?