DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok basically my original disk drive just completely died so I bought a brand new BenQ drive for my 360 problem is it isn't flashed.

now I have 2 video tutorials on how to flash it and they are the best I can find but I have a problem with all this flashing business.

1. I don't want to play backup games on my 360 I buy my 360 games
2. all I want is the firmware to allow me to play my original legit games
3. how can this be done?

thanks in advance tempers

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just use the original benq firmware instead of the hacked one. Stick your key in it, spoof if necessary, then flash it to the benq. What drive was the one that died though?, as if it's was another benq then you can just open them up and swap their pcb over.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nope unfortunately not it was a hitachi drive,

I don't know if this is allowed or not but could you point me in the direction of the Original BenQ firmware at all?

EDIT: scratch that I managed to find the orig.bin for BenQ but it says I need to inject my key...? into it

1. what is this key?
2. how do I get it?
3. how do I inject it?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It means your drive key. 360s and their drives are paired up with a unique key. You have to dump your original drives firmware, the key is in that. After you've got it, you'll have to inject it into the benq firmware and spoof it as hitachi. Firmware toolbox or firmtool can do that for you.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
blink.gif
do you mean I need the key from my hitachi drive?

I have one faulty hitachi drive
and one brand new out of the box BenQ drive which gives me the message:

"if you want to play this xbox 360 game insert disk into a xbox 360"

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DarkWay said:
blink.gif
do you mean I need the key from my hitachi drive?

Yes, you need to get the key from the faulty hitachi drive.

DarkWay said:
I have one faulty hitachi drive
and one brand new out of the box BenQ drive which gives me the message:

"if you want to play this xbox 360 game insert disk into a xbox 360"

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok I don't know how to tell if its a 78 so I'll give you some info on the hitachi
Manufactured:- January 2006
RomVersion:- 0047DJ
Model:- GDR-3120L-X800475-009

also just so that you know

Maximus - 360 FIRMWARE TOOLBOX for Windows Ver 3.0

QUOTE from the read me:-

FEATURES:
---------
- Direct Dump and Direct Flash over all versions of GDR3120L drives
even the 0078 FK drives.
- Allow copy-paste of the keys between firmare not matter if
they are crypted or not or if they are different vendor or
even better, not matter wich version of Fw (46,47,59,78 etc)

UPDATE I know have maximus 360 Firmware Toolbox 4.8 as the other one wouldn't update

I also have a tutorial on how to find the drive key for the hitachi 0047 which I beliave I have but then the tutorial goes on to show you how to put that drive key into a hitachi 0046, now I personally think this is a very good tutorial but the drive I'm spoofing the key to is a BenQ now I've hard there is a Lite-on version of this drive how can I tell what version I have got?

if its the manufacture date then the manufacture date I have on my BenQ drive is December 2007.

also I'm still looking for a tutorial on how to spoof the drive key to my BenQ as I have no idea if I need to do something different the tutorial I have is:-

http://www.360-hq.com/xbox-tutorials-61.html

do I basically do exactly the same just with the BenQ drive instead of the replacement hitachi that guy used?

also how do I use slax? it says I need that to boot into windows?

nevermind on the slax file I'm a retard and didn't realise it was an iso file that needs burning to a disk
dry.gif

on there other hand does it matter what type disk its burnt to?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DarkWay said:
ok I don't know how to tell if its a 78 so I'll give you some info on the hitachi
Manufactured:- January 2006
RomVersion:- 0047DJ
Model:- GDR-3120L-X800475-009

also just so that you know

Maximus - 360 FIRMWARE TOOLBOX for Windows Ver 3.0

QUOTE from the read me:-

FEATURES:
---------
- Direct Dump and Direct Flash over all versions of GDR3120L drives
even the 0078 FK drives.
- Allow copy-paste of the keys between firmare not matter if
they are crypted or not or if they are different vendor or
even better, not matter wich version of Fw (46,47,59,78 etc)

UPDATE I know have maximus 360 Firmware Toolbox 4.8 as the other one wouldn't update

I also have a tutorial on how to find the drive key for the hitachi 0047 which I beliave I have but then the tutorial goes on to show you how to put that drive key into a hitachi 0046, now I personally think this is a very good tutorial but the drive I'm spoofing the key to is a BenQ now I've hard there is a Lite-on version of this drive how can I tell what version I have got?

if its the manufacture date then the manufacture date I have on my BenQ drive is December 2007.

also I'm still looking for a tutorial on how to spoof the drive key to my BenQ as I have no idea if I need to do something different the tutorial I have is:-

http://www.360-hq.com/xbox-tutorials-61.html

do I basically do exactly the same just with the BenQ drive instead of the replacement hitachi that guy used?

also how do I use slax? it says I need that to boot into windows?

nevermind on the slax file I'm a retard and didn't realise it was an iso file that needs burning to a disk
dry.gif

on there other hand does it matter what type disk its burnt to?

You have a 47, firmware toolbox can directly dump the 78 and 79, but you need to feed them a disc before it can. Doesn't matter now anyway, 47 easy to dump. Just follow the first part of that guide to get your key, but use classic dump instead of raw(raw needs to be able to read a disc to work). Rest of the guide can be ignored, totally different for benq.

After you dump the hitachi firmware, copy the key from it. Then just open the original benq firmware in firmware toolbox, paste key in box and tell it to replace key. Then tools, spoof firmware and pick hitachi 47. That's it, firmware ready to be flashed. Just get dosflash and flash the benq firmware you just made (dosflash has the instructions for flashing the benq).

As for the slax disc, it goes on cd. Burn to disc, boot from cd, let it load, then reset and the hitachi should be in mode b.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Armadillo you my friend are a god
happy.gif

after getting dosflash if I have any more problems I'll post on this thread again

with burning SLAX to a CD...
is there any particular program I need to burn it with?
do I need to burn it in any particular way?
or can I just burn it to cd with any old program? by the way the file is a .iso if that matters

eeesh read the read me file for the dosflash to learn what I need to do but uhhh theres a hell of alot of information in that read me, if its not too much trouble could you copy and paste the bit that I need? because I have no idea which bit it is

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: