Hi Temp, it's been a minute

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Sonicslasher, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Sonicslasher
    OP

Sonicslasher In Law we trust.

Dec 5, 2005
    United States
    Richmond, VA
    First off I just wanted to say it's been years since I've made a post on this website. People have come and gone, the community has grown, I'm not sure if I even know more than 10 people on the site anymore and yet it's still on my favorites tab. At least once a week I open the homepage up out of habit, not really deviling to far into the forums. This was my first real community. I was maybe about 12 when I first came to this site. I was awkward, probably a little annoying, and really curious about everything.

What first conversation began as a way to figure out how to setup my flashcard quickly (which was met with equal parts sarcasm, helpful advice and calls to "read the fucking FAQ"), this website and its community became a way for me to learn about everything. The life I led prior to this site was sheltered to a high degree for the most part, and this community broadened my horizons greatly. I met people from all over the world, learned about different cultures and religions, and found myself learning the basic building blocks for social skills.

It really is the weirdest thing. Here I am, ten years later, I just bought a house and I have this wonderful group of friends in a city thousands of miles away from where I grew up and I'm still thinking about this place. So many good things have happened to me and yet I still keep very fond memories of this place. To everyone out there who is still figuring their way around life and is trying to notch their place out in the universe, if you're here then you're in an alright place. In some ways I feel like this place hasn't changed a bit, and I'm not sure I'd have it any other way. Perhaps this place has served its purpose in my life and has brought me to where I need to be.

This site will always hold a special place in my heart and I thank this community for that :wub:

2. VinsCool

VinsCool Detached from Reality

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Nice to have you back! Time flies!

3. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    it sounds like gbatemp raised you...!
    good i guess :)

4. Xanthe

Xanthe Sith

Dec 23, 2015
    United States
    A veteran! Pleased to meet you

5. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    Welcome back!

6. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I remember you, but you most likely don't remember me

7. GreenStone99

GreenStone99 likes green rocks

May 7, 2016
    United States
    Temp changed now we have kids

Lucifer666 likes this.
  8. Lucifer666

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    What's funny is that I only found out some 7 days back that you used to go by a different temp username. Until then I had occasionally wondered what happened to AGLCBG :)

Anyway @OP it's nice to see how much this place has been of benefit to you and I'm glad you see incentive in coming back. I myself have lurked for years before making my account, I'd place when I first started actively browsing this site at ~2008. A completely different place then, but nice to see it grow all the same

Lilith Valentine likes this.
  9. GreenStone99

GreenStone99 likes green rocks

May 7, 2016
    United States
    A Gay Little Cat Boy Girl?

10. Lucifer666

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    That was sort of jolly; I was referencing Crystal's personal developments since

Lilith Valentine likes this.