Hi everyone

nemt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the release of Chinatown Wars I've decided there are too many DS games I'm missing out on and I should pick one up. I plan to grab a DS Lite later this week and a flash kit too (one of the reasons I'm here is to decide which one is for me). Some of my friends have R4s and are happy with them, but the review here says it's obsolete? I was also looking at the CycloDS.

What I need is something I can just drag and drop files onto and not have to worry about, I hate installing separate stuff onto my PC. I already have an SD card reader and a microSD -> SD adapter, it came with my cell phone. Also can GBA roms be played natively on these devices like NDS roms, or do they require a separate emulator?

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
R4 cards are indeed obsolete (or fake/clones) - stay away. AceKard2 and CycloDS are much better choices.

GBA ROMS can only be played on a slot-2 device (a flashcard the plugs into the GBA slot).

nemt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. Is there any reason to get either AceKard2 vs the CycloDS, or are they pretty similar in terms of features and performance?

Also, is it worth it to wait for the DSi? Is there an expected price drop for the DS Lite soon when it's released?

agentgamma

I dont know what to put here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nemt said:
Also, is it worth it to wait for the DSi? Is there an expected price drop for the DS Lite soon when it's released?
I would personally recommend the DS Lite due to the fact that Nintendo is going to try and release a shitload of updates to kill DSi flashcarts.
Also, if you get an EZ-Flash 3 in 1, which is an expansion pack that fits in the DS Lite GBA slot, and use that with your flashcart, not only do you get extra RAM for homebrew games and rumble, you can play GBA games. Like MOTHER 3
gbasp.gif

nemt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet.

What I meant with the DSi question wasn't should I wait and get a DSi, but rather, should I wait for DSi to come out so DS Lite will be cheaper to buy?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Pepsi owns Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut, so that made since Pizza hut pizza was sold in Taco bells.