Hacking Hi everyone: I'm noob I have a problem with xbox 360e flashing nandflash.bin

banging

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I'm trying to flash nandflash.bin + xenon.elf via usb on xell reloaded. The xbox 360e reads the files, but Does not complete he stops and restart to the black screen I cannot access anything in the xbox except the xell reloaded
I was told that the Xbox 360 Corona4g could only flash with flashing tools, or I could make one from a micro sd card adapter with a 68 ohm resistor like the way in the picture I attached, but I have a problem which is that my motherboard is partially different.
The attached picture has 2 parts, ( not the xell blue )
1: on the left is an explanation of my motherboard and what I'm trying to do
2: on the right is the explanation they gave me to solve the problem
Also, if the ( R68 resistor ) that I have inside the rectangle with the blue color on the right is compatible , and if not, what are the correct number and colors that should be on the resistor ?
Sorry if there is a mistake in writing, I do not speak English very well and I translate from google
thanks

*modsnip*

in the left my xbox 360 corona4g
11113 copy.jpg
I have this one
3 copy.jpg

Last edited by DinohScene,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi, I removed the picture with your MAC address.
I wouldn't post it on the web if I where you.

Unfortunately I've never home made SD adapters and always ready made ones.
Are you trying to flash the 64 MB partial dump or the full 4 GB?

banging

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
First of all, thank you. I forgot to delete the Mac address
I do not know exactly what to do, the Xbox was with my brother and he updated the flash or accidentally removed the flash file, and then an error E79 occurred when it booted up with the red light problem, he tried to fix it by himself through instructions on YouTube, but he failed and now My problem is that I Cannot access anything in the xbox except the xell reloaded
I've tried all known methods and software or program to flash the nandflash.bin and updflash.bin And other files, but all of them haven't worked or detected. The only thing my xbox has read is the xenon.elf file The xbox 360e reads the files, but Does not complete he stops and restart to the black screen , I think there are no longer system files
thanks

Last edited by banging,

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you are having issues with a make it yourself SD card adapter, you could always try one of these.
USA: https://weekendmodder.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=164
UK: https://chipchopmod.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=99

The resistor in the picture looks like it has the bands, Gray, Black, Violet, Gold.
If this is true, the value of that resistor is 800M Ohms ± 5%
If you are looking for 68 Ohms, you need Blue, Gray, Black, Gold ± 5% / Silver ± 10%
Verify here: https://www.digikey.ca/en/resources/conversion-calculators/conversion-calculator-resistor-color-code
The R68 in the picture doesn't mean, "Resistor 68 Ohms", the label means, resistor number 68. It's for looking at up the value and type.etc on a schematic.

Now as for flashing, from my understanding, you can't use Xell to flash nand.bin's on a 4GB console as there is a driver (software) issue regardless of board model. You do need a tool. The picture you have for the custom SD is technically correct but I prefer this picture better.
22853419_306882849789695_715669015971491308_n.jpg
Your picture at first glance, looks like you put the resistor on the outside where the adapter connects to the SD card reader. This one shows you having to open the adapter and soldering to the connectors inside.I hope you did it this way.

Lastly, where did you get your nandflash.bin? These are system specif due to the CPU keys. If it's yours from a backup, your fine, but if its from another console, then that would cause issues.

I hope that answers some of your questions.

banging

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Natsuru :
About the nandflash.bin is from my backup

I finally decided use this tool, ?

I already bought 2 tools >>>>
V
V
V
B710P4J.jpg

and this >>>>
V
V
V
sss.jpg

What do you think ?
thanks

Last edited by banging,

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
If you are having issues with a make it yourself SD card adapter, you could always try one of these.
USA: https://weekendmodder.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=164
UK: https://chipchopmod.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=99

The resistor in the picture looks like it has the bands, Gray, Black, Violet, Gold.
If this is true, the value of that resistor is 800M Ohms ± 5%
If you are looking for 68 Ohms, you need Blue, Gray, Black, Gold ± 5% / Silver ± 10%
Verify here: https://www.digikey.ca/en/resources/conversion-calculators/conversion-calculator-resistor-color-code
The R68 in the picture doesn't mean, "Resistor 68 Ohms", the label means, resistor number 68. It's for looking at up the value and type.etc on a schematic.

Now as for flashing, from my understanding, you can't use Xell to flash nand.bin's on a 4GB console as there is a driver (software) issue regardless of board model. You do need a tool. The picture you have for the custom SD is technically correct but I prefer this picture better.
View attachment 261023
Your picture at first glance, looks like you put the resistor on the outside where the adapter connects to the SD card reader. This one shows you having to open the adapter and soldering to the connectors inside.I hope you did it this way.

Lastly, where did you get your nandflash.bin? These are system specif due to the CPU keys. If it's yours from a backup, your fine, but if its from another console, then that would cause issues.

I hope that answers some of your questions.

Note you can use xell on 4gb Trinities, the nand is separate from internal storage, but they use the regular 16mb nand

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Never used either of those before but I have heard good things about the TX SD tool.
It’s semi-permanent but might be difficult to install for some people.
As for the Matrix, no idea. Never used one.
Good luck with whatever tool you choose.

Also, I think the Matrix programmer is for 16MB Nands, not 4GB ones.
Check a guide before you solder this to anything.

Last edited by Natsuru,

banging

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Never used either of those before but I have heard good things about the TX SD tool.
It’s semi-permanent but might be difficult to install for some people.
As for the Matrix, no idea. Never used one.
Good luck with whatever tool you choose.

Also, I think the Matrix programmer is for 16MB Nands, not 4GB ones.
Check a guide before you solder this to anything.
ok thanks :
I will choose this because it is easy to install and is tidy :)

B710P4J.jpg

Last edited by banging,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol