Hi, 3ds homebrew developer here

TricksterGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been lurking this site for the past 6-7 years or so, never really bothered to create an account. I noticed one of my 3ds demos appeared on the wiki and said "ehh why not?"

Anyway... I'm a 28 year old software engineer, with an interest in game development (though I don't do game development as my day job). I have been programming since I was 7.

I have developed games for android, gba, ds, and the 3ds most of my work is available in my github account along with tools to assist in homebrew development. Interestingly enough, I got into GBA game making at the college I went to, it was a homework assignment to write a game for the GBA in C.

I was also big on RMXP back in the day, producing about 70-100 mods to the engine mostly different battle systems for the engine.

As for gaming I mostly enjoy retro games, especially rpgs, puzzles, and games with interesting mechanics. I currently own a Wii U and a New 3ds.

github: https://github.com/TricksterGuy

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been lurking this site for the past 6-7 years or so, never really bothered to create an account. I noticed one of my 3ds demos appeared on the wiki and said "ehh why not?"

Anyway... I'm a 28 year old software engineer, with an interest in game development (though I don't do game development as my day job). I have been programming since I was 7.

I have developed games for android, gba, ds, and the 3ds most of my work is available in my github account along with tools to assist in homebrew development. Interestingly enough, I got into GBA game making at the college I went to, it was a homework assignment to write a game for the GBA in C.

I was also big on RMXP back in the day, producing about 70-100 mods to the engine mostly different battle systems for the engine.

As for gaming I mostly enjoy retro games, especially rpgs, puzzles, and games with interesting mechanics. I currently own a Wii U and a New 3ds.

Welcome to the forums it's always nice to see another developer join the site.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

Welcome, glad you could make an account here! It's fascinating you've done actual professional work with the 3ds before, it might be the first time I've seen a dev admit to that although I suspect there are more around here. Mind if could tell us which games you've worked on for 3ds? Totally understand if you want to keep silent on that subject. :P

TricksterGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the welcome!

And yes I guess my wording there could have been better.

I did not do any professional work with those systems, all of my work is homebrew. I don't make games for a living just as a hobby.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)