hannahbailey2008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how credible this info is, but from another forum:

QUOTE said:
Well, Nintendo recently have added code to their latest SDK which lets flashcard developers add a check to their game to see if the game is running on a flashcard. Though it is up to the developer or not to use the code. Though since its in the SDK, the code itself is the same with every game and thanks to this, has made patching it relatively easy now. So its a matter of searching the games memory for the routine and patching it as the memory location of the routine is different every game.

Now what this code does is well, rather simple. It does a check for a memory region of the game below 8000h. On a normal DS game, if the game tries to access the memory below the 8000h range, it gets redirected to 8000h + offset. So for a real DS game, its impossible to access that memory which isn't true for a flashcard. So on a flashcard, if the check detects it can access that memory range, it returns true. Now its up to the developer on how to implement if the check returns true or false so how its handled differs for each game. Some games delete your saves while others prevent you from saving and some cause the game to show a screen after playing for a certain amount of time.

Hecatia

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Squall Leonhart said:
QUOTE said:
Most flash carts ues 512kb saves when when the usa HG/SS retail cart uses 1m saves.

Desmume supports 1MB(8mb) Flash, and Pokemon saves at 512KB, so its not 1MB.
Pokemon save have been reported as 1mb But i could be wrong

PikaPerson01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EvilMag said:
jokes aside, you guys say that once you get the 3rd badge, the game crashes ever 2 events right? well why, is it because you get that badge differently then the other badges (you get the 8th badge differently as well so I'm wondering if Clarie makes the AP even more worse then Whitney) What I mean is that you don't get the badge directly like every other gym leader after you beat them (except for the 8th gym leader) that is what I'm wondering, is that what makes the AP even worse?

The crashes are based on the number of badges, not which badges someone specifically has. There have been reports of people using a Japanese save on an English cart and using Pokesav to drop the number of badges they had.

Secondly, I recall someone trudging along (using Pokesav) as best he could to continue the game, using only whatever two badges he needed at the time (if he had to make it across the ocean, just the badge for surf. Etc etc)

Also, I think he said the crashing frequency went down after the seventh badge, but don't quote me on this. I think it might be worth looking into, at least a little bit?

Squall Leonhart

Trophies
Website
vba-m.com
XP
Country
Australia
hannahbailey2008 said:

QUOTE said:
Well, Nintendo recently have added code to their latest SDK which lets flashcard developers add a check to their game to see if the game is running on a flashcard. Though it is up to the developer or not to use the code. Though since its in the SDK, the code itself is the same with every game and thanks to this, has made patching it relatively easy now. So its a matter of searching the games memory for the routine and patching it as the memory location of the routine is different every game.

Now what this code does is well, rather simple. It does a check for a memory region of the game below 8000h. On a normal DS game, if the game tries to access the memory below the 8000h range, it gets redirected to 8000h + offset. So for a real DS game, its impossible to access that memory which isn't true for a flashcard. So on a flashcard, if the check detects it can access that memory range, it returns true. Now its up to the developer on how to implement if the check returns true or false so how its handled differs for each game. Some games delete your saves while others prevent you from saving and some cause the game to show a screen after playing for a certain amount of time.

Its credible, and legit.

Every time you trigger an event the latest desmume reports a

hannahbailey2008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arkansaw said:
For some reason, Desmume doesn't trigger the AP at all...already have 3 badges here after Goldenrod

Woah, really? Mine does
frown.gif

Which version do you have? Any codes or anything like that? (I have 0.9.5 x86)

Hecatia

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
hannahbailey2008 said:

QUOTE said:

is there a easy way block below 8000h access on flashcarts to test it and maybe that's what acekard did

Olly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PikaPerson01 said:
EvilMag said:
jokes aside, you guys say that once you get the 3rd badge, the game crashes ever 2 events right? well why, is it because you get that badge differently then the other badges (you get the 8th badge differently as well so I'm wondering if Clarie makes the AP even more worse then Whitney) What I mean is that you don't get the badge directly like every other gym leader after you beat them (except for the 8th gym leader) that is what I'm wondering, is that what makes the AP even worse?

The crashes are based on the number of badges, not which badges someone specifically has. There have been reports of people using a Japanese save on an English cart and using Pokesav to drop the number of badges they had.

Secondly, I recall someone trudging along (using Pokesav) as best he could to continue the game, using only whatever two badges he needed at the time (if he had to make it across the ocean, just the badge for surf. Etc etc)

Also, I think he said the crashing frequency went down after the seventh badge, but don't quote me on this. I think it might be worth looking into, at least a little bit?

hannahbailey2008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Squall Leonhart said:
hannahbailey2008 said:

QUOTE said:

Its credible, and legit.

Every timeyou trigger an event the latest desmume reports a

Chaotic Kitten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Olly said:
Depends on badge numbers.
0: 24 events
1: 21 events
2: 15 events
3: 3 events
4+: Rumored to be unplayable. I haven't tested it, so I do not know.

Also, cutting trees counts.
As does accessing you bag/using an item.

FUTHERMORE:
The game freezing does not county as it working. It becomes virtually unplayable very quickly.

I just figured if we could make a comprehensive list of all the freezes that happen as they happen AND describe WHAT happens in the freeze it might make it a little easier to figure out...

Stupid nintendo.

Olly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Risendevil said:
Maybe it's how the game works in the first place and not AP.
We've been over this in other threads.
The uploaders would have most likely noticed a glitch like that, or would have already checked it because the game is out.

Posts merged

Chaotic Kitten said:
QUOTE(Olly @ Mar 15 2010, 12:52 PM) Depends on badge numbers.
0: 24 events
1: 21 events
2: 15 events
3: 3 events
4+: Rumored to be unplayable. I haven't tested it, so I do not know.

Also, cutting trees counts.
As does accessing you bag/using an item.

FUTHERMORE:
The game freezing does not county as it working. It becomes virtually unplayable very quickly.

I just figured if we could make a comprehensive list of all the freezes that happen as they happen AND describe WHAT happens in the freeze it might make it a little easier to figure out...

Stupid nintendo.
We have.

Squall Leonhart

Trophies
Website
vba-m.com
XP
Country
Australia
ctr3k said:
hannahbailey2008 said:

QUOTE said:

is there a easy way block below 8000h access on flashcarts to test it and maybe that's what acekard did

More likely, acekard blocked access to the

Squall Leonhart

Trophies
Website
vba-m.com
XP
Country
Australia
hannahbailey2008 said:
Squall Leonhart said:
hannahbailey2008 said:

QUOTE said:

Its credible, and legit.

Every timeyou trigger an event the latest desmume reports a

atenzor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think the secret lies in the ARM9.bin file, no other place.

However, Im going to test a new theory I have about fixing this, so just wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    linuxares @ linuxares: Nintendo be malding at that