OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
It seems like the mass discussion started two days ago, but over at 2ch and other Japanese forums and boards there's been a serious glitch going through all the people who currently own Japanese Versions of Pokemon HG and SS, and that applies to all the Japanese releases, I'm posting this info for those who did import the HG/SS version, and of course, if this is a software related problem, those people who downloaded it.

The details of the glitch is not clear, nor is the conditions of the glitch occurring clear (One thing for sure is it's not time related, people at 2ch have reported the glitch occurring at game times of 60hrs-200hrs, or so they say.), but in a nutshell, the glitch makes your save vanish, just like the good ol' Generation I-III versions. Again, it's not confirmed whether it's a hardware or software problem.

Whether this glitch is real or not is well, unconfirmed, there is a chance this is a big, big load of BS, but it's always good to be careful about it, especially after HG/SS has two confirmed glitches (Folding up DS screen into sleep mode sometimes, and going up a ladder in the Twin Islands from its back leading up to Articuno can both crash the DS into black screens.) and a buttload of smaller ones.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eh, if it kills my sav, i'll just get my old backup sav.
biggrin.gif
simple as that.

if it was on my real SS cartridge, then i'll be pissed. >:(

Momamaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah that would blow since some people put so much time into these games atleast we know these glitches will be fixed for America they always fix that junk

TheDiver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
From the speculations currently flowing on the net (The websites in Asian areas, that is, apparently people who imported HG/SS haven't encountered this problem yet.), the reason this bug occurs seems to be because of the autosaving that goes on every Elite Four run, successful trade/battle, and box switching.

Reasoning behind this is said to be because the last time the game autosaves, the data, due to the glitch, becomes corrupted, and it tries to load the backup data (The time you saved prior to the autosave), but because the initial save is an autosave, both files could not be recognized and the game becomes botched and shows a blue screen of death (I'm not sure what this meant, but it's this: http://imepita.jp/20091019/522110)

If you have a niconico video site account, here's a video of what happened:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8634378

And this is the Japanese wiki page specifically discussing this glitch:
http://www31.atwiki.jp/hgssreport/pages/13.html

Again, I can't make it out whether it's a pure pile of BS or the horrifying truth...

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I didn't see anyone bawwwwwing on the HG/SS Gamehax forum, so I doubt it being there. If it did happen, the person probably just got unlucky, and had a random problem. They happen, or maybe he was playing on a flashcart.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geminisama said:
Well, I didn't see anyone bawwwwwing on the HG/SS Gamehax forum, so I doubt it being there. If it did happen, the person probably just got unlucky, and had a random problem. They happen, or maybe he was playing on a flashcart.

yeah, and probably dropped his ds/ds lite/dsi while playing and screwed his sav up.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
geminisama said:

yeah, and probably dropped his ds/ds lite/dsi while playing and screwed his sav up.

I wouldn't doubt that.

Some people can be quite careless when it comes to their DS's.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
If this happened to me... i'd be GUTTED, im so into my pokemon...
It would be like repeating my childhood with pokemon blue >_<
I couldnt go through that again XD
But yeah, as stated before, The USA version will fix anything like this, they always do, thats why they let the jap's have the buggy versions first =O
There kinda like.... Test samples, and the US gives themself the best one lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all