hey Tempers I need some help =D

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by DarkWay, Mar 26, 2009.

Mar 26, 2009
  1. DarkWay
    OP

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    umm yeah so I want to play my PS1/PSX games on my newly fixed PSP (damn it was a bugger to fix) and I've read various things that say I'll need a PopsLoader so I went and downloaded the M33Universal PopsLoader but here's the catch..........

I don't know what to do with it...... [​IMG]

so my questions are:-

1. Where do I put the PopsLoader folder? any particular folder or just the root folder?
    2. How do I use this thing? [​IMG]
    3. Do I need to create a PS1/PSX folder for the games?
    4. Finally is there anything else that I need to play my PS1/PSX games on my PSP?

2. velocity37

Member velocity37 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The popsloader folder, popsloader.prx, and pops.txt files need to go into the seplugins folder on the root of your memory stick.

This isn't all you'll need for playing PSX games, however. You'll need two more things:
    1. PSX2PSP - This turns your PSX images into PSP usable files, however, in order to use it you need:
    2. base.PBP and KEYS.BIN - These are the not-so-legal-to-distribute files that make everything work. This is required for PSX2PSP (they go into the "files" sub directory.) You don't need a complete hot shots 2 image anymore, these files are less than 60KB when compressed.

After you've converted your image you'll get a folder like Crash Team Racing that contains EBOOT.PBP. This folder would go into your PSP/GAME directory, and will show up under games just like any other game or homebrew.

3. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    You don't need popsloader to play PSX games it just increases compatibility for some games...some people never ever use it. You also haven't needed BASE.PBP and KEYS.BIN for the eboot creation tool apps for aeons.

4. DarkWay
    OP

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    ok cool thanks ttempers if I don't need the BASE.PBP and KEYS.BIN then I have everything I need..I think [​IMG] so I'll give it a try and hope it works.

off topic: xist your avatar gets me going awwww everytime time I see it [​IMG]