Hey look, The US is being aimed at. Cool.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually he's probably right about that, America isn't towering over other first world countries as it used to.
The difference in power is shrinking drastically. It doesn't really help that the US has one of the most stuborn governments in the world (and some of the most stuborn people in general, I might add) which doesn't help its progress.
china have lots of problems their population is getting old and the new generation is not too happy about working as slaves in factorys

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, just because someone doesn't live in the USA doesn't mean he hasn't a legitimate reason to criticise them. USA gets involved in everyone's business, overthrows governments of other nations, assasinates people, waging war without provocation etc...

Want some examples? I live in Greece, and much of the population here loathes Americans. Wanna know why? Because your Government in many occasions has interfered with our internal affairs, and we know it. You even supported a military dictatorship a few decades ago...

Want another example? Serbia. You bombed it to stone age because they allegedly killed Albanian "civilians" in Kosovo. Want to know what is happening there right now? All ethnic Serbs are cleansed from this area, Churches burned, property stolen, and the place is a heaven of drugs,human trafficing, even human organs trafficing... And you know the "fun part"? Serbs didn't actually commit any crimes against Albanians. Your government actually helped criminals gain a foothold there... Now if the Serbs hate you, would you feel it is unjustified?

And no, the argument that "the people aren't responsible for their government" doesn't hold water. Not for the USA nor for North Korea. People are always responsible for their government. They either agree, are complacent, or simply cowards. It doesn't make a real difference: If they really wanted, they could change their situation.

Dude, you and your anti-American wankers need to sod off. So, you judge ALL the people SOLELY based off the actions of the government? Wow, you really a dickweed. You must have so many friends. You ought to be praised for your anti-American scheiße kopf attitude. I hope you get banned for cyber bulling and unfounded hatred. F***ing loser. Do I go around to people from other countries and dis them for being different or having corrupt governments? No? Then shut the hell up live with it. I WILL report you if you do it again.

It's people like you that make our world a living hell, judging someone solely based on living somewhere and someone who never did anything personally to hurt you is a dick thing to do. I hope someone bitch slaps you hard for being so rude.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I didn't know we could have so many political/cutural experts with an advanced knowledge of governmental affairs in one thread. :mellow:

NK won't do anything in actuality, they're just begging for aid in an annoying way. They do this from time to time because people listen, not that it takes a genius to realize that. I feel bad for the people because while the leaders have no such problem with food supply, there's an entire population starving because of shite leadership. There's also the brainwashed aspect of it too, but at least that's not an immediate threat. I feel this ploy is also on part to soothe the population in a way, kind of a "We show the world how strong we are and look! They're so weak, they give us gifts!". Not that they'd need a ploy like that, but then again I've got no idea what goes on there.

TL;DR Back to your regularly scheduled circle-jerking.

Reactions: Gahars

Bake

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Dude, you and your anti-American wankers need to sod off. So, you judge ALL the people SOLELY based off the actions of the government? Wow, you really a dickweed. You must have so many friends. You ought to be praised for your anti-American scheiße kopf attitude. I hope you get banned for cyber bulling and unfounded hatred. F***ing loser. Do I go around to people from other countries and dis them for being different or having corrupt governments? No? Then shut the hell up live with it. I WILL report you if you do it again.

It's people like you that make our world a living hell, judging someone solely based on living somewhere and someone who never did anything personally to hurt you is a dick thing to do. I hope someone bitch slaps you hard for being so rude.

Well your point is proven.

Anyway, Templar makes some good points. Just because he said Americans are like this and that doesn't mean EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. Is that so hard to understand?

CharlesHoy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Erm, the people vote for who they want in their government, and if you don't vote, then you trust the people around you will vote for who you want. So in my opinion, its the people that have decided the government (at least in the UK and USA, I'm not a geographical/political person)

Anyways, I cant see anything kicking off from this. Even if the NK leader is a bit crazy.

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Dude, lay off. Passing judgement on all Americans makes you look like a real moron. Just shut your damn mouth okay? Don't be such a snob.

How would you feel if I said "Hey, you hear that? That's the sound of a European country getting a bailout"? Or "What's that? I think I just heard someone losing their house and setting themselves on fire"? I can be a douche just like you! Let's form a group called "America is stupid even though I don't live there!"

Bugger off. One more baseless disparaging remark and you will be reported.
Where did I say ANYTHING insulting in my post?
What I meant is that America has some stuborn, old-fashioned-thinking people in the government.
Also I know a lot of Americans (my dad works at the american embassy here in belgium, so I grew up with Americans coming over) and my general opinion about them is that they can be strong headed, again I certainly don't want to say every American is.

It's the same problem with Belgium's government actually Belgium is split in 2 parts: the Dutch speaking and the French speaking and every once in a while discussions get stuck because neither wants to bow for the other.

Also I didn't mean it is a bad thing to be strong headed, but that it doesn't really help in a government when every party only wants it their way.
That's all I meant with my post.
I really like Americans actually, they are very fun people to hang out with.

I want to appologize if my post offended you (although it really wasn't meant to critisize) but you now as much as I do that posts don't always greatly reflect what you actually mean.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well your point is proven.

Anyway, Templar makes some good points. Just because he said Americans are like this and that doesn't mean EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. Is that so hard to understand?

Sure is :rolleyes:

Where did I say ANYTHING insulting in my post?
What I meant is that America has some stuborn, old-fashioned-thinking people in the government.
Also I know a lot of Americans (my dad works at the american embassy here in belgium, so I grew up with Americans coming over) and my general opinion about them is that they can be strong headed, again I certainly don't want to say every American is.

It's the same problem with Belgium's government actually Belgium is split in 2 parts: the Dutch speaking and the French speaking and every once in a while discussions get stuck because neither wants to bow for the other.

Also I didn't mean it is a bad thing to be strong headed, but that it doesn't really help in a government when every party only wants it their way.
That's all I meant with my post.
I really like Americans actually, they are very fun people to hang out with.

I want to appologize if my post offended you (although it really wasn't meant to critisize) but you now as much as I do that posts don't always greatly reflect what you actually mean.
How the hell was I supposed to know?

The Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you actually look into it a little more, they are only doing nuclear testing. Their nuclear bombs don't have the portability that they are trying to achieve, to even make it travel the whole way to the US. It is estimated that they will not achieve this goal until about 5~6 years.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
simpsons.gif

Reactions: TheDreamLord

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you know whats funny though you type with a British accent :P

Politics piss me off to no end, and when people say disparaging remarks about my country and its people, well, you know, it all goes to hell. But that didn't happen as it was apparently an attack on how stupid my government is and their asininity as a whole. I don't like what they're doing to other nations, I don't like their constantly spending money on trivial projects, and moreover, I don't like what our President wants to do in the near future. It scare me to death and makes me want to move ouf of the country until his second term is up. It's one thing to make fun of the government (which I don't mind doing because our leaders don't know their anus from a hole in the ground), but if people are going to attack 310,000,000 people solely based of the stupidity of the government, I can't sit back with my mouth closed. I use British slang because I find it more fun to use, and the accents are awesome. Need I say more?B-)

I didn't want to get involved, but me, being the stupid git that I am, misinterpreted what was said and took it as a personal attack.

Redeem

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I doubt this would happen (GEE, AS A NEW MEMBER, I LIKE THE USN!).
The U.S knows already, so there getting ready, if they would attack. U.S has more military protection then NK.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Erm, the people vote for who they want in their government, and if you don't vote, then you trust the people around you will vote for who you want. So in my opinion, its the people that have decided the government (at least in the UK and USA, I'm not a geographical/political person)

Anyways, I cant see anything kicking off from this. Even if the NK leader is a bit crazy.

The difference is that no one elected Kim Jong Un, so that is a huge problem. And no, he isn't "a bit crazy", he has spent his entire life in his fathers shadow being brainwashed like every other person in North Korea. People are so afraid to stand up to a dictatorship regime because they have been trained into being submissive even if it means their lives are complete shit. I'd think that people living in Cuba have better lives then the North Korean's do, because at least least in Cuba they don't fear their leader because it might get them executed, then again Castro isn't nearly as bad of a dictator and has moved from the extreme controlling leadership to being more communist.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Politics piss me off to no end, and when people say disparaging remarks about my country and its people, well, you know, it all goes to hell. But that didn't happen as it was apparently an attack on how stupid my government is and their asininity as a whole. I don't like what they're doing to other nations, I don't like their constantly spending money on trivial projects, and moreover, I don't like what our President wants to do in the near future. It scare me to death and makes me want to move ouf of the country until his second term is up. It's one thing to make fun of the government (which I don't mind doing because our leaders don't know their anus from a hole in the ground), but if people are going to attack 310,000,000 people solely based of the stupidity of the government, I can't sit back with my mouth closed. I use British slang because I find it more fun to use, and the accents are awesome. Need I say more?B-)

I didn't want to get involved, but me, being the stupid git that I am, misinterpreted what was said and took it as a personal attack.

Politicians are generally doing things that are stupid, it's always been that way. But for American's, I look at it this way. Would you rather be living in a country run by another George W Bush Jr, constantly driving up the countries debt? I am pretty sure he increased the debt by a trillion dollars in the 4 years of his second term as president. Or would you rather have Obama trying to right so many of the wrongs that America still faces, including equality issues and a lack of a public health care system that everyone has access too? Sure, Obama has failed on the international stage, but I don't think it has ever been one of his key focuses and I honestly don't blame him. America is going through a financial crisis and there isn't a whole lot that can be done when your country is swimming in debt. It's going to be at least a decade before everything is peaches and cream in America. Until then, I hope your countries politicians keep their nose out of international affairs that would increase the countries debt even further. It's fine to want to help get involved in aid missions, but starting another war is the last thing America needs.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Politicians are generally doing things that are stupid, it's always been that way. But for American's, I look at it this way. Would you rather be living in a country run by another George W Bush Jr, constantly driving up the countries debt? I am pretty sure he increased the debt by a trillion dollars in the 4 years of his second term as president. Or would you rather have Obama trying to right so many of the wrongs that America still faces, including equality issues and a lack of a public health care system that everyone has access too? Sure, Obama has failed on the international stage, but I don't think it has ever been one of his key focuses and I honestly don't blame him. America is going through a financial crisis and there isn't a whole lot that can be done when your country is swimming in debt. It's going to be at least a decade before everything is peaches and cream in America. Until then, I hope your countries politicians keep their nose out of international affairs that would increase the countries debt even further. It's fine to want to help get involved in aid missions, but starting another war is the last thing America needs.

Again, I don't like where the government is headed. I don't hate Obama at all, I just find it difficult to accept his policies and his actions, especially the mess that is the Middle East and Egypt. No government is perfect, nor will there ever be one that is; each has their pluses and minuses, I pray that another war isn't started, our economy is pretty damn crappy right now and we can't afford to go through one again. As for why the deficit went up during Obama's last term, I don't know and frankly, I don't want to know; I grew up here, this is where my home is, this is a part of me despite the crap that happens. I have friends and family here, but I also have friends in Australia, Brazil, Japan and New Zealand and I wish them for the best as well. *Sigh*, but I digress. The world may be messed up, but there is still some good in it, I suppose.

narutofan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I've heard this several times now. he keeps threatening the usa, while his people starve.

get your priorities straight, lil boy!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c