Hacking hexkyz will release a cracked SX OS (eventually)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeno12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are people seriously going to trust a cracked version of TX OS knowing it has brick code and considering the Gateway scandal of yesteryear?

Even if they do crack it, if they release it that will surely prove them as hypocrites, no? They talk about piracy being a 'despicable and toxic practice' yet after every layer of TX's OS they crack they post it speedily on twitter with accompanying texts like 'WANNA PLAY? :)', wanna play?? Get outta here with your self righteous bullshizzle.

Reactions: DarthDub

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What happens if there is a 10% of bricking your console, 90 people got it and its working great, you tried and brick, lol :P

That would be unfortunate. If I wait long enough then surely there will be a general idea of how risky it is.

I think I will favour Atmosphère over SX OS anyways unless there is no easy method to play 'backups' on Atmosphère.

Also I do love people criticising people wanting SX OS to be cracked. It truly is ironic.
I only see myself buying SX OS if nothing comparable is out by November.

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Switch community is total noobs and leechers, they will just take the backup loader and we will never see them again

I need to save this post somewhere for when Atmosphere is ready for regular use.
(Just a question though, you do know a lot of (if not the majority) of the Switch community is made up of people initially originating from the 3DS scene, right? And I wonder what happened to Gatway once the public scene caught up...)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Those who paid for TXOS will try their best to piss and discredit the devs to make sure they don't realease their crack because deep down they don't want to feel like an idiot who paid for something that others got it for free.

Like the if I paid for it you have too idiocy.

I think we all know that, but it's fun to piss them off.

Reactions: fluidmax

0x64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are people seriously going to trust a cracked version of TX OS knowing it has brick code and considering the Gateway scandal of yesteryear?

Even if they do crack it, if they release it that will surely prove them as hypocrites, no? They talk about piracy being a 'despicable and toxic practice' yet after every layer of TX's OS they crack they post it speedily on twitter with accompanying texts like 'WANNA PLAY? :)', wanna play?? Get outta here with your self righteous bullshizzle.
^
Those who paid for TXOS will try their best to piss and discredit the devs to make sure they don't realease their crack because deep down they don't want to feel like an idiot who paid for something that others got it for free.

Like the if I paid for it you have too idiocy.

Addconsult

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I like TX alot been using their 360 products and now SX os. But hey its fair game out here. They pirated Nintendo and did a great job. But WHO are they to say anything? Seriously? :) Let pirates pirate the pirate too. It's fair game. Tx know this could happen. But i bet they would implement more security in updates or maybe even brick "cracked" versions in updates to.

But i hope it gets released :)

Reactions: kai_dranzer2003

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Evolution of the threads is hilarious.
Before SX-OS came out it was "Atmosphere is going to release before SX-OS making it obsolete"
After SX-OS it turned into "SX-OS is going to get cracked day 1"
10 days later "SX-OS has brick code"
6 hours later "SX-Crack 1.0 is going to be released"
and now it's a race between Atmosphere and SX-Crack 1.0
brb. gota grab more popcorn.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Evolution of the threads is hilarious.
Before SX-OS came out it was "Atmosphere is going to release before SX-OS making it obsolete"
After SX-OS it turned into "SX-OS is going to get cracked day 1"
10 days later "SX-OS has brick code"
6 hours later "SX-Crack 1.0 is going to be released"
and now it's a race between Atmosphere and SX-Crack 1.0
brb. gota grab more popcorn.
Grab some popcorn for me too, while you're at it, please!

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're not cracking it to promote piracy though, that's just a side effect of it all.
As hexkyz writes :
"Q: What's your endgame with this then?
A: Nothing, I just like to crack DRMs."
So he doesn't care about promoting piracy as long as he gets to inflate his own ego. seems righteous. ROFL

willdunz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey let me solve the dilemma so these devs can virtue signal and hurt TX and the same time:

Release the crack anonymously. Of course people are gonna say its from you but they can't prove it right?

Last edited by willdunz,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-