Hacking hexkyz will release a cracked SX OS (eventually)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So he doesn't care about promoting piracy as long as he gets to inflate his own ego. seems righteous. ROFL

Who cares though ?TX most likely anticipated that many will attempt to crack their software, hence brick code, I'm just here to see some salty tears when another wave of bricks happen after the supposed "crack" release.

gamer4lif3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We will eventually all pass away
We will eventually send people to mars
We will eventually live upto 200 years of age

pretty much only thing that wont happen is live forever

Fred Molyneux

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They're not cracking it to promote piracy though, that's just a side effect of it all.
As hexkyz writes :
"Q: What's your endgame with this then?
A: Nothing, I just like to crack DRMs."
He also (like SciresM) clearly stated he is anti-piracy. But like SciresM, we know they are talented devs but also plain hypocrits (and full of shit) so we will get the stuff for free because they will release it directly or indirectly like they always do. The question now is only when this will happen...

Reactions: DarthDub

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inflating his ego? You SX fanboys will really say anything to sling shit at devs doing what you don't want them to do.
what makes you think I don't want them to? It's like saying because I bought A sky3ds+ i didn't want b9s+luma3ds I'll take best of both worlds. I'm just pointing out their hypocrisy. Stating they're against piracy while actively engaged in piracy. rofl

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
He also (like SciresM) clearly stated he is anti-piracy. But like SciresM, we know they are talented devs but also plain hypocrits (and full of shit) so we will get the stuff for free because they will release it directly or indirectly like they always do. The question now is only when this will happen...

SciresM a hypocrite? Think you can prove that?

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
what makes you think I don't want them to? It's like saying because I bought A sky3ds+ i didn't want b9s+luma3ds I'll take best of both worlds. I'm just pointing out their hypocrisy. Stating they're against piracy while actively engaged in piracy. rofl

Just an implication that I get from your posts. And pirating a pirate is far from hypocrisy in my eyes. Now defending the pirate for being pirated is much closer to hypocrisy.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yh i agree, but then if they release it? That's hypocritical.

In my eyes it's all about intention, it's not his intention to have piracy available to everyone, just hacking something and documenting it for the rest of us.

Zeno12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I fully agree with this. If freeshop makes it onto the switch best believe i'm installing that asap.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an implication that I get from your posts. And pirating a pirate is far from hypocrisy in my eyes. Now defending the pirate for being pirated is much closer to hypocrisy.

In my eyes it's all about intention, it's not his intention to have piracy available to everyone, just hacking something and documenting it for the rest of us.
Cracking SX OS which enables piracy and letting it lose, all the while hoping nobody will exploit for piracy, sounds like an oxymoron to me. You’re literally asking for piracy, if nothing else.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm not defending anybody. Look I wish atmosphere came out today with a built in rip of SX-OS. I already told you, best of both worlds. And is not all about intention. In most fatal car accidents nobody intended to kill anybody but you still have to deal with the consequences. whether he intends to contribute to piracy is irrelevant when he could choose not to. But I guess he can't because he's got this ego thing where he just has to prove to the world he's such leet hacker.

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Come on guys try keep it civil, some of you hate TX, some of you love TX.....most people are just indifferent and amused by all the bickering ^_^
I also wish for a world where both TX and Atmosphere minions are friends...
images.jpeg

Last edited by lukhart,
Reactions: xenofly

Zeno12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Hes not stupid, he obviously knows by releasing this crack he will enable even more people into piracy, a thing he claims to loathe.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
As simply as this should be free.
Things are whatever the maker wants to charge, if it's too much and you want to try cheat and get it cheaper/free, that's up to you, but you can't just say other people's work "should" be free

I would hate it if at the end of the month my boss said, oh yeah, btw you should work for free so no wages for you :cry:

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And is not all about intention. In most fatal car accidents nobody intended to kill anybody but you still have to deal with the consequences. whether he intends to contribute to piracy is irrelevant when he could choose not to.

That analogy makes zero sense in this context. Intention matters when we know someone intended to do something, hexkyz cracking SX will not be an accident, it's intentional.

That's why intent matters.

whether he intends to contribute to piracy is irrelevant when he could choose not to

If you contribute in any way to hacking to a console it will contribute to piracy, it's all about minimising that impact. But at this point there is no way to minimise that impact since it's already easy to do. So he might as well release all the information about him hacking and cracking SX OS to the public, seeing as how LayeredFS exists.

But I guess he can't because he's got this ego thing where he just has to prove to the world he's such leet hacker.

Sorry dude, but that assumption makes no sense.

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hes not stupid, he obviously knows by releasing this crack he will enable even more people into piracy, a thing he claims to loathe.

As said in my above post, pretty much any contribution to the hacking scene will enable easier access to piracy. It's an unavoidable consquence that I'm sure devs like himself would love to avoid but cannot.

And let's make it clear, piracy with or without this crack will be easily available to anyone willing to hack their system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c