hexkyz will release a cracked SX OS (eventually)

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by xenofly, Jun 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VinsCool

VinsCool Cattus Incerta Tacitusque

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    I'm sure Nintendo would say exactly the same :switch:

Pretty ironic, isn't it? :P

Last edited by VinsCool, Jun 25, 2018 - Reason: Woops, accidental quote
    kai_dranzer2003 and Memoir like this.
  2. TheDarkGreninja

TheDarkGreninja Toying with my mind

Aug 25, 2014
    United Kingdom
    On his bed
    It's intent was to enable game modding, not piracy. As I had said, intent matters.

3. realjumy

realjumy Ratkid hunter

Apr 24, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Just sharing my thoughts, @Memoir. I don't even think I will ever pirate a Switch game, for me is enough with all the other scene stuff. But I can't hold myself when people defends TX (maybe just because they paid for their loader?) and no one defends the game developers. (And now is when people start saying things like 'videogame companies are the boogie man', or 'companies have lots of money', etc.)

4. kamesenin888

kamesenin888 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2007
    yes in another banwave if it happens, as of now Layered is the culprit

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

and would you risk it?

5. willdunz

willdunz GBAtemp Regular

Feb 8, 2012
    United States
    Not true. Look at the pinned banning hub thread. The vast majority of bans issued in the past few days were caused by LFS.

Is SX OS dangerous? Sure but to say it's as dangerous as LFS is wrong.

6. TheDarkGreninja

Aug 25, 2014
    United Kingdom
    On his bed
    I wonder why? Maybe it was because SX OS didn't exist when the first banwave occured?

That's because LFS has been around for longer. Clearly more people will have had access to it.

7. kitzuki

kitzuki GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    That is two different arguments. People can spend their money as they see fit that's how the world mostly work you know. I'm not arguing about piracy non piracy, I don't care what others do with theirs switch. I just not going around saying it should be free because some human created a program I don't agree with.

If and when it does get hacked I will not lose any sleep about it, Pirate the Pirates. They made it they can do what ever they want.

8. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    In the Murderbox!
    Layeredfs is the main tie-in to the current bans.. Weird, huh? Waiting for the next wave though. Wonder if just using SX OS is risky. I've got no backups, but still.

9. VinsCool

VinsCool Cattus Incerta Tacitusque

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    (disregard that reply, that was meant to be posted hours ago but forgot to delete that haha. No longer worth posting due to the fact that there is no confirmation for it anyway)

10. kamesenin888

kamesenin888 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2007
    its because of the errors that scires mentioned probably, some custom errors that were sent to nintendo

11. TheDarkGreninja

Aug 25, 2014
    United Kingdom
    On his bed
    Got a source?

SX hasn't been around for long enough, we'll just have to wait and see how things go from here on out.

12. 210modz

210modz GBAtemp Fan

Aug 11, 2017
    United States
    I could care less if they hack it next week. For right now it's fun messing with the sensitive individuals that screamed about how SX OS was gonna be shit before it was released. Now they are following the SX crack thread like a hawk waiting for a break. It was Only $30 and legit users will get regualr updates.

13. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    As far as I know SX only take license for the backup loader. The rest is able to run Homebrew.

Memoir likes this.
  14. 0x64

0x64 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2017
    Canada
    They can think about their investment alright. But a crack coming shouldn't be a surprise considering the free opensource scene isn't that much far behind. And I don't think the pissing and discrediting against dev is justified.
    I definitely don't hate TX and I think they did a good job with their solution. Also agree on paid solution being the driving force. I've said before they are definitely leading the scene forward. I would have personally bought a SX pro but I don't want to deal with their 3rd party re-sellers and sharing my personal info.

15. Zeno12

Zeno12 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Yes that is true and there really isn't anything they could of done to prevent that and their intention was clear. Releasing a crack of TX's OS which has the sole purpose of piracy can be helped though and the intention, despite what he says, is defiantly not clear.

16. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    In the Murderbox!
    Theres no plausible way to justify this for the betterment of the community. This seems to be more out of spite than the former. Just my take on it. Especially given how strongly he (and they) are against piracy.

17. TheDarkGreninja

Aug 25, 2014
    United Kingdom
    On his bed
    I personally think it is, but I won't be able to convince you otherwise. So it's best to end this here before insults start being thrown at one another.

Quantumcat likes this.
  18. Decryption tools are already public (almost in their entirety). He did claim that he would release a working crack. Releasing a decrypted bootloader does not make any sense.

19. Zeno12

Zeno12 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Nah i wouldn't resort to that, debating is healthy even if the subject is trivial :D

TheDarkGreninja likes this.
  20. xiaNaix

xiaNaix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2002
    United States
    Makes perfect sense, since that's all he posted about. What doesn't make sense would be him releasing a fully cracked SX OS using his real name on Twitter. That would be a fast track to a visit from Nintendo's lawyers for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.