Gaming Hesitant to Transfer DSiWare

Eon-Rider

OP
Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
Since I heard about the ability to transfer DSiWare, I've felt a little uncomfortable. It would be nice to transfer it all and have it accessible on my 3DS but there are a few reasons holding me back.

[*]The issue of the screen resolution difference[*]The fact that it practically means I'm declaring my DSi as obsolete

Yes, that's two reasons only but I feel pretty strongly about the second one.

For those of you who have already done the transfer, what made you go ahead with it?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I did that as I wanted to sell my DSi...
tongue.gif

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Never did it because i prefer to keep all my consoles/handheld as a memory/antique or sometime turn them on and enjoy old games/memories. I still have my ps1, gb(the oldest yes), SNES, NES and a few more.
In short: Keep them on your DSi unless you intend to throw it away once it get really old

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't need the clutter... I keep my old SNES because it's my favorite system, only reason there. The others have all had their time and I just give them away afterwards (keeping my favorite games if the next system is backwards compatible). My brother in law is 13 and comes from a poor family, so he doesn't get many video games so he makes a good target to give to.

As for the screen resolution difference, I honestly am not bothered by it, the blurring is less than ideal... but it's far from bad. It's just like playing games without my glasses on which I do all the time anyways
wink.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The blurring actually helps in certain games. Like castlevania series, the blurring gives it a 'cooler' effect

Eon-Rider

OP
Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
Well I gave in today. I transfered three of my DSiWare over and left EA Sudoku on my DSi, in case that would ever be used for DSi hacking again, which I doubt because DSi hacking is pretty much dead.

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
Tried to download the transfer tool last night and it bricked.

Nintendo Aus won't give me a quote either. I'm screwed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @NinStar, Who's whipping who?