Hacking hesitant about downgrading

djamesconner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my first and only experience with downgrading a 3ds ended in a brick which really makes me hesitant to try and downgrade my new 3ds to play backups or other things the thing is i did everything the youtube video said to do and still ended up with a brick but i have no experience with soldering so i also have no idea if i should attempt a backup can someone help me on what precautions i should take when downgrading or what i should do to do this in the most optimum fashion i have heard that maybe cause i didnt restore my 3ds to factory settings that may have contributed but didnt know for sure so i have held off but seeing other people successfuly do it makes me want to do it cause for reasons of playing japanese games without paying to import them sorry for the long post btw im new here

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
So my first and only experience with downgrading a 3ds ended in a brick which really makes me hesitant to try and downgrade my new 3ds to play backups or other things the thing is i did everything the youtube video said to do and still ended up with a brick but i have no experience with soldering so i also have no idea if i should attempt a backup can someone help me on what precautions i should take when downgrading or what i should do to do this in the most optimum fashion i have heard that maybe cause i didnt restore my 3ds to factory settings that may have contributed but didnt know for sure so i have held off but seeing other people successfuly do it makes me want to do it cause for reasons of playing japanese games without paying to import them sorry for the long post btw im new here
These days, downgrading is pretty foolproof and there are essentially no confirmed hard bricks being caused by anything other than user mistakes, and even that is near impossible with Plailects guide.

You should definitely downgrade, and don't worry about it to much, it'll be fine if you just read the guide :)

Your problem now is the fact that, I'm guessing, you're on 11. If you have no experience at all soldering, it's not a good idea to start by soldering a 3DS board, haha. If you have a friend with a A9LH 3DS, you can do the DSiWare hax. If that isn't a possibility, your only option, other than getting a soldering iron and doing some practice, is to send it to someone to hardmod it for you.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you have any idea what could havebricked my old system though i just want to know so i avoid what i did
Impossible for us to say when we have no idea when this was and what the process was. In the early downgrade times, the sysUpdater app didn't verify hashes or anything, if you did it during this time, you may have grabbed another regions firmware and bricked your 3DS that way.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have any idea what could havebricked my old system though i just want to know so i avoid what i did
There are a lot of things that could have happened. It's impossible to know for sure what it was. The above guide minimizes many of these risks, if not eliminating them.

Reactions: Shadowfied

djamesconner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These days, downgrading is pretty foolproof and there are essentially no confirmed hard bricks being caused by anything other than user mistakes, and even that is near impossible with Plailects guide.

You should definitely downgrade, and don't worry about it to much, it'll be fine if you just read the guide :)

Your problem now is the fact that, I'm guessing, you're on 11. If you have no experience at all soldering, it's not a good idea to start by soldering a 3DS board, haha. If you have a friend with a A9LH 3DS, you can do the DSiWare hax. If that isn't a possibility, your only option, other than getting a soldering iron and doing some practice, is to send it to someone to hardmod it for you.

Impossible for us to say when we have no idea when this was and what the process was. In the early downgrade times, the sysUpdater app didn't verify hashes or anything, if you did it during this time, you may have grabbed another regions firmware and bricked your 3DS that way.
ahh ok hmm guess i will send it in i dont have many people my age that really play their 3ds anymore so i guess i might have to send it in really was trying to get away with not paying anything as im trying to save due to me going to college soon but such is life i might wait a while though just in case some miracle breakthrough occurs

siamese

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Do not follow youtube videos, ever.

True, some youtube videos are sometimes unaccurate, with download links down and end messing you up. What is also true some of them help you learn enough to do modding easy and noob proof, My O3DS went all the way from 9.2 to emunand rxtools, 10.7 alh9 aureinand and finally 11.0.0-33 luma3ds following youtube videos from https://www.youtube.com/user/yakara3000, reading https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki and some more reading https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...gb-twl-aureinand-does-this-for-us-now.423155/, among others.
if you understand everything before you even attempt doing it success is the only possible outcome.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
ahh ok hmm guess i will send it in i dont have many people my age that really play their 3ds anymore so i guess i might have to send it in really was trying to get away with not paying anything as im trying to save due to me going to college soon but such is life i might wait a while though just in case some miracle breakthrough occurs
There are going to be big changes to the guide in the coming days that will make it a lot easier and safer.

At least with DSiWareHax he can backup his NAND before downgrading, that way he can always recover with a hardmod even if something goes wrong :)

djamesconner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are going to be big changes to the guide in the coming days that will make it a lot easier and safer.

At least with DSiWareHax he can backup his NAND before downgrading, that way he can always recover with a hardmod even if something goes wrong :)
i just wish i could do it with ocarina of time and powersaves and that homebrew application like before :(

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Hey! I see you're needing help/wanting to install Arm9LoaderHax! I can help you with that, so just follow this guide and you'll be set! Feel free to ask any other questions, but make sure to google them first to see if it's already been answered! So here's the guide. You won't brick. The worst that can happen is a soft brick! ( During the downgrade )

Copied and pasted ;p

Reactions: Swiftloke

djamesconner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! I see you're needing help/wanting to install Arm9LoaderHax! I can help you with that, so just follow this guide and you'll be set! Feel free to ask any other questions, but make sure to google them first to see if it's already been answered! So here's the guide. You won't brick. The worst that can happen is a soft brick! ( During the downgrade )

Copied and pasted ;p
My problem was that i dont have a another 3ds that is usable so i cant do anything now :(

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Do you have any idea when? Has been 'in the coming days' for a while now. Don't want to seem impatient or anything ... am just excited to see what it is :-)
And I want to make an Olympic world record for number of consoles with a9lh installed in one day (have about 15 waiting)!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1