Heroes Season 3

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new ep (10/20) thoughts

Level 5 continues not to impress in terms of security. Daphne just waltzes right in.

I was right about Hiro and Ando:)

It's bad when Sylar is actually the voice of reason.

Who is in charge of the company right now? Angela is the only founder left (I think... most of them got killed in season 2, Bob in Season 3... And Maury and Peter's dad obviously don't count) and is in a coma.

What exactly is Peter's dad's power? At first I thought it was Rapid aging/life force stealing, but then at the end of the episode he "drained" peter of powers... If he copies powers (which, is a bit much when you have peter and sylar already doing it) then he's preatty much unstoppable right now.

In regards to the rapid aging thing, there is apparently now 3 ways to kill a healing person: that, head sliced off, bullet to the brain.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mysticwaterfall said:
new ep (10/20) thoughts

Level 5 continues not to impress in terms of security. Daphne just waltzes right in.

I was right about Hiro and Ando:)

It's bad when Sylar is actually the voice of reason.

Who is in charge of the company right now? Angela is the only founder left (I think... most of them got killed in season 2, Bob in Season 3... And Maury and Peter's dad obviously don't count) and is in a coma.

What exactly is Peter's dad's power? At first I thought it was Rapid aging/life force stealing, but then at the end of the episode he "drained" peter of powers... If he copies powers (which, is a bit much when you have peter and sylar already doing it) then he's preatty much unstoppable right now.

In regards to the rapid aging thing, there is apparently now 3 ways to kill a healing person: that, head sliced off, bullet to the brain.

By rapid aging, you mean regeneration right? It makes sense that the father would have some kind of absorbing abilities since Peter and Gabriel are both sons of his with some kind of power-stealing/copying ability. But that theory can be easily countered since Claire's ability has no similarity to her biological mother, fire manipulation. So.. who knows? Whatever, I'll just continue to watch it.

There's many more ways to kill a person with regeneration though. That guy that unlocks blackholes or something. But he's already dead.

GamerzInc

Trophies
XP
Country
Adam did not die by rapid aging. He died by having his power removed from him. His blood had the ability to stop aging and regenerate. When this was taken away by Papa Petrelli, the effects of not having it quickly caught up with him.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
? im confused
please put your thoughts into spoilers
mohinder is freaky. poor maya. hiro is stupid. poor ando. sylar is cool. poor claires dad. puppet man is creepy. poor claires biological mom (forgot her name). lol now im really confused. who was that black man? and when did this pinecrest company fall into place?
sorry i just only watched ep 5.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Anakir: that way of looking at actually does make sense. I guess that's it then.

We actually don't know for sureif Peter and Sylar share the same dad. Angela could have got pregnant with someone else before they were married or as an affair later... depends how old sylar is.

Social0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
.TakaM said:
God, people like season 3?

I enjoyed season 1, it had some great episodes and the odd awful episode, then season 2 was pretty much below average the whole way through.
And now season 3 is this big convoluted pretentious bullshit, I really hate it when shows make me feel like a dumbass for ever liking it

I agree. There are only so many storylines they can throw at you at once and the plotholes are seriously getting out of hand.
I was hoping for a much better start of Season 3 but boy was it a letdown.

Characters are constantly changing their roles, it doesn't make sense anymore

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Social0 said:
Characters are constantly changing their roles, it doesn't make sense anymore
well, i think thats the whole plot of the 3rd season
like, we dont know who's on the good side anymore
and the heroes are turning into villains and vice versa
hence the season title, "villains"

GamerzInc

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure why its so hard to follow? So far everything makes complete sense and this season fills in all the holes left by previous ones.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Its easy to follow but sucks so bad.
I feel annoyed and cheated out of a good series.
ep 6 sucks and the only storyline im interested in is hiro's one

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last night's episode was pretty good, Second Season was awful, and I don't think anyone would argue with that statement. The problem was that the show got too big too fast with the first season, they should have stuck with the original idea of each season having a different cast, or mostly different cast, that way the plot wouldn't feel as repetitive. Pa Patrelli has the power to steal people's powers (although without killing them, like Sylar, and he seems to take them, not leaving them with them, like Peter, who is a mimic). Adam died because he took his power of regeneration, living the guy with a 500 year old body. Now to be honest, he shouldn't have turned into dust, but just died, from his youthful age of a 30-something, but that wouldn't have been nearly as dramatic.

So with Peter out of the picture, as he has no powers, it'll be up to Sylar to face his father. But wait. My theory is that Pa Patrelli is not his father. It's Leonard Nimoy. Think about it. How many other older actors on the show have been from the original Star Trek series?

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ohh. i thought he stole peoples youth. but then he stole peters powers so i was like wah? TOO BAD FOR PETER. its really weird because they made peter this season all retarded and cocky and "im gonna save the world right frickin now". he wasnt like that 1st season...
i really like sylar now. plus, hes kinda cute. and why is mommy patrelli stuck? i thought she only dreamed about the future, and if papa patrellli did that, how could he?
and parker shouldve read daphne's mind to see what she was driven by. or like maybe even find out that his dad is using linderman to control her.
and claires scene with her bio mom and real mom made me tear up a bit. it was like...really intense and i hated that puppet guy. though once the gun pointed at claire, i knew what was gonna happen
sometimes things are really predictable and other times the total opposite. its weird.
and yay ando's not dead. i was totally hating hiro for that. but thats another inconsistancy. daphne can move faster than time..she could avoid his time stopping before..and she couldnt then?

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry. had to double post/bump and didnt want to make a new topic
ep 7 (i just watched) felt like a filler episode. not a lot happened and it was just like. meh. i wanna know daphne's past and why she is bound by daddy petrelli. also, i hope she turns nice. and BAD elle. she sees what happens to peter and she still goes inside. tsk tsk. she deserves whatever happens to her. we didnt even get to see what hiro saw. yet. hm. YAY SYLAR. NEW FAVORITE CHARACTER.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have yet to watch a single episode of season 3. Been busy watching other shows but trust me I will catchup sooner or later. Make a day out of it!

Foie

That one guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not buying the whole Daphne & Matt thing. First of all, Matt would read her mind and find out her actual motivation. Second, Mr. Petrelli would know he would read her mind and wouldn't let the foolish plan happen. So unless they clear that up tonight, then it's kind of a weak plot in that aspect.

Oh, and Heroes is awesome. I love the show.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foie said:
I'm not buying the whole Daphne & Matt thing. First of all, Matt would read her mind and find out her actual motivation. Second, Mr. Petrelli would know he would read her mind and wouldn't let the foolish plan happen. So unless they clear that up tonight, then it's kind of a weak plot in that aspect.

Oh, and Heroes is awesome. I love the show.

That's what I thought too, but he's been blinded from what he's seen in the future I think. He believes that she's gonna be his wife, so basically he let his security down and doesn't think that he needs to read Daphne's mind. That's what I think at least. It's just like if you trust your bf/gf you won't need to ask who she/he is going out with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.