Heroes of Ruin 3DS Trailer

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thus far, we've only seen a few brief glimpses of Heroes of Ruin, the new collaborative game between Square Enix and n-Space for the Nintendo 3DS. Now, the first real gameplay trailer has been released showing off what the game looks and plays like in motion. From what we know thus far, it looks to be a dungeon crawler action RPG with an emphasis on multiplayer co op. The gameplay seems to be your standard hack n slash. Heroes of Ruin supports up to 4 player co op. Single player is an option as well, though the game was developed with multiplayer co op questing in mind. It promises that the jump into said co op will be "seamless". The game support both local AND online wifi multiplayer. And when online, the 3DS microphone can be used for real time voice chat during gameplay. Using Street Pass, the game has a system where you can trade items you've collected among friends, and there's over 80,000 items and equipment to find and trade (weapons, armor, etc).

According to IGN, the game is very Rogue-like in style. You can customize your character somewhat in terms of appearance and choose the type of character you want to be (of which there are four main classes of). Quest dungeons are said to be dynamically generated on each play, meaning a lot of replay value and plenty of variety. The developer n-Space is creating a website where you'll be able to accept and complete weekly challenges to unlock new in-game content.

Heroes of Ruin is slated to arrive only on the Nintendo 3DS early 2012 in the US. An exact date has not been announced for any region. The trailer i'm posting above is not the English one, but please excuse it. It's the same as the English trailer, though it's far better quality (so i just used it). [/p]
icon11.gif
Source

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Voice chat? Amazing.

The animations look stiff, though. I know this is just an early build, but I hope they get to make them more natural and stuff. The gunner needs some kind of recoil(animation), too.
Also, are those some framerate issues? I'm really looking forward to this game, so I hope they fix up those little things and I'll buy this day one.

Rife

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's Square Enix, they'll do the graphics right. I'm almost certainly going to pick this up, especially since Nintendo has said DLC is possible for 3DS games, means more content even after we've exhausted the stuff on the card.

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not gonna pick it up since it's SE. My reason being that I'd rather play one of their major titles with this much focus put into it. And no, I do understand business and that SE takes on many other titles that are not their own "main" ones. But if my first experience from SE is this with the awkward character design and level layouts, and battle system (reminds me of countless free-to-plays) I would be quickly discourage from other titles that would be along these lines.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dragonkid6 said:
not gonna pick it up since it's SE. My reason being that I'd rather play one of their major titles with this much focus put into it. And no, I do understand business and that SE takes on many other titles that are not their own "main" ones. But if my first experience from SE is this with the awkward character design and level layouts, and battle system (reminds me of countless free-to-plays) I would be quickly discourage from other titles that would be along these lines.
I didn't think that a good reason...

I mean if want the game, buy the game.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That trailer didn't really show anything impressive or interesting.
But i'll probably keep an eye on this to see what it has to offer, i'm always up for more 3DS games.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
dragonkid6 said:
Er, I'm just going to stop you because you're sounding too much of an ass.

This is by n-Space.

Edit: And if you exclusively play main titles from SE, you're missing out.

joshstyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks not bad (cause i'm used to the ds graphics) i will get it if more people get it in my region.The online features sound promising that's what the ds lack.

D

Deleted_171835

Looks freaking awesome.

I'm definitely buying this. Especially since it has online wifi multiplayer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: I met you in my dreams.