Hacking Here's How You'll Be Able to Update Backups with TX

jakkal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you load your backup under TX OS, remember that the game will remain in your library of played games.

If TX SX doesn't support network connection, all you'll have to do is boot normal firmware, press + on the played game (which will show ejected, but on your home screen) and download update.

I am 100% sure this will be doable , if you won't be able to update under cfw mode

julienbdes

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure since i sold my Switch but i was game Sharing through a long process of Desactivate Account, archive the games etc. You may be able to update the game even without the license on your console. Also, each physical game are the same, so like 3ds, i bet its universal, not real a way to detect it. You can just update without launching game and disable internet before lauch. Also, if you dont subscribe to any account i see no reason to ban you..

Kobigov

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure since i sold my Switch but i was game Sharing through a long process of Desactivate Account, archive the games etc. You may be able to update the game even without the license on your console. Also, each physical game are the same, so like 3ds, i bet its universal, not real a way to detect it. You can just update without launching game and disable internet before lauch. Also, if you dont subscribe to any account i see no reason to ban you..
Eh, we'll see when it's out I guess.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
This doesn't mean that Nintendo won't be able to see that you don't own the game and ban you.

You can see gamecart icon on those backups on TX OS in the video, so I assume Nintendo won't know because it's not tied to any account unline eshop games

That would require you to be on the latest firmware though, no?

The FAQ states that you can update to latest firmware (at least for now)

Q: Can I update my Nintendo Switch to the latest firmware?
A:
Yes, you can. We are compatible with all firmwares and all regions!

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
You can see gamecart icon on those backups on TX OS in the video, so I assume Nintendo won't know because it's not tied to any account unline eshop games
Thread should be renamed to "this is how you get banned by Nintendo quickly" - and now (possibly) have no update path in the TX ecosystem. :)

Here is the path through that scenario.

You have all those pirated games savestates, on your own Switch. If not right now - in they future they may contain unique cartridge IDs, that would be checked online. If one of those IDs is flagged as used by pirates - ban the user - and dont allow any online updates.

Enhanced version: Set a new flag on the console with future firmwares, that if set - prevents users from updating their firmware. Play cat and mouse with TX' on that until their users give up. :) Of course they now are on a rather current firmware - and have lost most of the other options they would have had with open emunand solutions. :)

Play a fun game, with pirates trying to spoof catridge IDs. Then ban them in waves.

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: LysergCooltyp

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Actually, since they can grant points to physical game cards (exactly once per card), they sure to have ways to detect if they are the same one. And the console send device info during the game update checks (to insure you have right to update such as DLC, and system version to make sure you can run the update etc.) and use console specific cert to download from CDN, they seems 100% can be sure who you are and if you are running backup copies if they wanted at current state. I doubt TX go this far at this point to prevent Ninty's detection.

And you can only update main games (w/o DLC) on your console if it's a physical game. If it's eShop games, the related account needs to be activate on that console, which can be only one machine at a time.

Reactions: paulttt

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Actually, since they can grant points to physical game cards (exactly once per card), they sure to have ways to detect if they are the same one. And the console send device info during the game update checks (to insure you have right to update such as DLC, and system version to make sure you can run the update etc.) and use console specific cert to download from CDN, they seems 100% can be sure who you are and if you are running backup copies if they wanted at current state. I doubt TX go this far at this point to prevent Ninty's detection.

And you can only update main games (w/o DLC) on your console if it's a physical game. If it's eShop games, the related account needs to be activate on that console, which can be only one machine at a time.

But, but, but me easy updates!

At least the "backup loaders forum" has one advantage - the mob self aggregates in here, and circle recommends itself into extinction. ;)

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Just because they say you can doesn't mean that you should.
Actually an important distinction. Listen to that man. :)

("But I want, easy, and most recent, and piracy - and help me, WHAT SHOULD I DO?" The easy slogans dont work! Raaah! - Team executer, please give product support, what firmware should I update to?)

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Doubtful lol you could be borrowing someone elses cartridges and update that. Nintendo will never know the difference for an update grabbed that way.
Thats a fun one.. :) So abuse a friend and risk his online status - so you can update your software? (He/She wont get banned probably - but you'll risk it).

Also - eh, so Nintendo just stores the unique IDs of all cards you ever used in their savefiles. And if one of them ever is from a mass pirated source - you get banned. Hope that friend still is borrowing you his/her games, though...

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By modifying your console you risk being banned regardless if you're playing homebrew, Linux or retail backups. Simply running the exploit can be detected and is against Nintendo's policies. If you want a sure fire way of being able to play online without being banned buy another console. I know this not be an option for some people, but you know the risks.

OblivionReign

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thats a fun one.. :) So abuse a friend and risk his online status - so you can update your software? (He/She wont get banned probably - but you'll risk it).

Also - eh, so Nintendo just stores the unique IDs of all cards you ever used in their savefiles. And if one of them ever is from a mass pirated source - you get banned. Hope that friend still is borrowing you his/her games, though...
No i meam updating a game that has at any point been played on your system will be the same to nintendo as if you had a friend put their game in and update. Updates claimed that way wont be illegal whatsoever.

Reactions: Quantumcat

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Not if they store the unique game cartridge ID in any of the savestates. Encrypted of course - so you cant easily find it. :)

Its not an issue, if one ID lights up at their end multiple times (5-6, 20, ...) but if an Id of lets say one of the bluebox releases gets referred to them - Its bye, bye account. :) And maybe bye, bye convenient upgrade path. :)

TX' doesnt separate your "piracy environment" from the "official firmware environment" (no emunand), as far as we know. That has some convenience benefits at first, but boy will you get banned fast.. :) Using piracy. Online. On "most recent firmware".

That said -Atmosphere users might not get game updates easily either. It depends. On stuff... ;)

Last edited by notimp,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Or go to Gamestop, buy x game used, update game, and then return it.
Yes and no. Yes - if you can also "dump it" and use as your piracy source.
No - if you still use the image from a known piracy source. Even once. (They could store multiple cartridge IDs in savefiles).

edit: And here is how you get your friend banned. If you and him are online with the same cartridge ID at the same time, once. I guess, that friend soon will not be your friend anymore.. :)

Also the cartridge itself doesnt get "updated", the update files are always stored on the system.

issue is "online environment" and "piracy environment" not being separated.
And
Current firmwares having to be on your Nand first ("installed on your console first") those always have to be official updates as well. So with TX' solution you should be "stuck" almost immediatly on a "recent firmware" - as soon as Nintendo can patch out their TX OS entry point hooks. Then you cant update anymore. And you cant downgrade anymore - and you cant start your Switch without the dongle anymore - if you installed tools (which you can uninstall).

But you'll have piracy up to this update. But no easy software updates for games.

If Nintendo does their homework.

Then TX will try to get their hooks into the "most recent" firmware update again, and the cycle repeats. Still no easy software updates. If Nintendo prevents that. ("If they do their homework.")

Last edited by notimp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, probably the scouter