1. mike a
    OP

mike a GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    OK I am in the process of hacking my 3ds. I have installed 2.1.0 put all the files in their right spots and have wife on. I'm at the point where I have to go to th e website bit I forgot to show my 3ds what wife to go to. Now when I go to internet setting to pick a network it just goes to a black screen. The browser won't go to the website cuz it won't go online what do I do?

2. mike a
    OP

mike a GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    Btw I didn't mean wife I mean wifi. . Grrr auto correct. OK guys I do have this plan: there is one wifi spot I had previously connected to that doesn't need a password. Hope my 3ds will connect there. But I will have to leave my 3ds off, to get there while it is in 2.1.0 mode. I will also have to do this at night and outside but yes there's power. Will this work? Or does anyone know how if I had to, to restore my nand? Obviously I cannot go back into the homebrew launcher at the moment and I cannot get a 2.1.0 payload for soundhax. Hope I am not bricked. Turns on and off OK though

3. erman1337

erman1337 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2015
    Belgium
    Brussels
    rename ur wifi to attwifi and remove the password; your 3ds should connect to it automatically

Quantumcat likes this.
  4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Or NZ@McD. I had more success with that name.

5. mike a
    OP

mike a GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    I cannot go to the screen where I pick the network to connect to is what I mean. There is no password for this wifi but the 3ds doesn't know to connect to it cuz. I didn't connect before the ctr transfer. It black screens on the wifi networks screen. Btw I am at a coffee shop and I do not have wifi at home. I had connected to wifi at this one business once that also doesn't have a password, I am hoping it will auto connect there. It does usually

Last edited by mike a, Mar 24, 2017
  6. erman1337

erman1337 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2015
    Belgium
    Brussels
  7. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    If you rename your wifi and remove the password the 3DS will think it's a Nintendo Zone and autoconnect.

Quantumcat likes this.
  8. mike a
    OP

mike a GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    I don't have wifi! I can't just change the name, do you think it will connect to the business I connected to before? There is an att dealer up the road, what about that?

9. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
  10. mike a
    OP

mike a GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    No I'm using a Samsung galaxy s4 that doesn't have service, I can't setup a hotspot. And they changed the guide so I didn't get decrypt 9. Not in the guide anymore. I have fast hax and safe hax. So its looking like if it comes down to it I don't know how I could restore my nand.

Last edited by mike a, Mar 24, 2017
  11. mike a
    OP

mike a GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    OK I got it done, I'm at the part where I have to boot up without the sd card in, but it won't boot up without it in. But other than that it worked.