Sep 25, 2011

HELP! by FlashX007 at 12:49 AM (445 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. FlashX007
    OP

Newcomer FlashX007 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Ok I don't know how to explain it so I am going to explain it from the beginning.

I was playing Persona 2 Innocent Sin yesterday. When the game froze. Now my games freeze commonly because the memory stick port or whatever is somewhat loose so sometimes (frequently) it freezes. Now since this was normal to me I tried to turn it off. I held the power button for at least 2 minutes. I was charging at the same time this happened. So like usual I just opened the battery cover and took the battery off (took charger off before I did that). Then I put it back on and put the cover on. Now this is where the PSP died.

I kept trying to turn it on for at least 10 minutes. When I finally turned it on by pure luck I tried to put the memory stick back in. I put it back in but the memory stick LED kept flashing orange. So I thought ok no problem PSP just messed up because I turned it off like that. Anyways I figured since its back to normal I close it again like I normally do when it doesn't read the memory stick.

This is the conclusion. Ever since I turned it off at that point it hasn't turned on at all anymore. I did whatver I thought of doing but now I am here to see if anybody knows what happened. I hope you don't tell me I bricked it. I am not ignoring the possibility though because it has a pandora battery.

Oh forgot its a 1000.

2. FlashX007
    OP

United States
    Before anybody yells at me for double posting I just looked at a possible god of war psp for sale for 100 bucks I wanted to check some info because fuck this 1000 it has caused me too much grief. I wanna enjoy games for once again.

Anyways guy said its on 3.95 firmware and he doesn't use cfw so I just run the 6.35 (thats what I want) then do the permanent cfw process? I don't know the latest 6.35 thingy. or 6.20. I dont know whats best.

3. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    I'm assuming you don't care about what happened to your 1000, so I'll ignore the first post.

If you want perma patch, update to 6.20 OFW and install 6.20 PRO or ME (TN is discontinued, but you can if you want to). I really never thought PRO and ME are much different, though. It's your choice.

6.35 doesn't have perma patch, but having perma doesn't make much of a difference (just takes like 5 seconds to load the hack).

4. FlashX007
    OP

United States
    Ok glad to hear it. Yeah fuck it honestly. I doubt it can be fixed anyway.