XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Well, you're missing a ton of IOSs so naturally u won't be able to start most channels (your homebrew channel prolly uses IOS58 so that's what it still works), and you're using an outdated cIOS249 (which is prolly what's causing errors when using neogamma, either that or you're using an outdated neogamma). Since restoring a nand backup didn't fix the issue, I assume that your nand backup has the same problems.

You should install all active IOSs and also install cIOS249 d2x base 56.

If you need instructions on doing that, download ModMii, run the Wizard, tell it your Wii is a virgin even though it's not. Follow your custom ModMii guide, but instead of using bannerbomb to load the hackmii installer you can load it from the homebrew channel (u might be able to skip this step entirely if your HBC and bootmii are already up to date).

After you fix the problem, be sure to make a nand backup so that u can restore it to a working state if anything goes wrong again in the future.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
Well, you're missing a ton of IOSs so naturally u won't be able to start most channels (your homebrew channel prolly uses IOS58 so that's what it still works), and you're using an outdated cIOS249 (which is prolly what's causing errors when using neogamma, either that or you're using an outdated neogamma). Since restoring a nand backup didn't fix the issue, I assume that your nand backup has the same problems.

You should install all active IOSs and also install cIOS249 d2x base 56.

If you need instructions on doing that, download ModMii, run the Wizard, tell it your Wii is a virgin even though it's not. Follow your custom ModMii guide, but instead of using bannerbomb to load the hackmii installer you can load it from the homebrew channel (u might be able to skip this step entirely if your HBC and bootmii are already up to date).

After you fix the problem, be sure to make a nand backup so that u can restore it to a working state if anything goes wrong again in the future.

Just tried mod mii... same error when I stick a disc in. Anyone have a link to the nand formatter. Looks like it's my last effort
frown.gif

BTW Dop Mii now gives me a code dump when I do the sys check

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
LightyKD said:
Just tried mod mii... same error when I stick a disc in. Anyone have a link to the nand formatter. Looks like it's my last effort
frown.gif
I'm sorry, but that isn't nearly informative enough. It leads me to believe u might not have used ModMii properly. Also, what kind of disc are you trying to launch? If you're trying to launch a backup disc from the disc channel after using ModMii, obviously its not gonna work, that's what darkcorps for. After using ModMii, original discs should work fine, and backups should work using neogamma assuming the wii supports backup disc loading... but I don't know what u tried, cuz u weren't specific enough!

Did u complete the ModMii guide in its entirety without any issues? Did u manage to successfully install all the wads I mentioned earler? If a part of the ModMii guide didn't go smoothly, u need to tell us. Seriously man, details plz! Don't just jump to using comex's nand formatter, it's not an ideal solution and should be your last "effort" resort.

Anyways, you're short uninformative post has frustrated me, I'm signing off for now, I'll check back later to see how your doing.
Peace

edit: instead of using dop-mii to do a syscheck, how about u use syscheck? Google for it

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can you please post the sys check result after installing all those 20 IOS? Before i saw the missing IOS, i thought some cable of the drive could be loose or the drive is dead. A not connected drive would prevent you from launching channels.

Edit: Can't this be that brick caused by sys check?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
LightyKD said:
frown.gif
I'm sorry, but that isn't nearly informative enough. It leads me to believe u might not have used ModMii properly. Also, what kind of disc are you trying to launch? If you're trying to launch a backup disc from the disc channel after using ModMii, obviously its not gonna work, that's what darkcorps for. After using ModMii, original discs should work fine, and backups should work using neogamma assuming the wii supports backup disc loading... but I don't know what u tried, cuz u weren't specific enough!

Did u complete the ModMii guide in its entirety without any issues? Did u manage to successfully install all the wads I mentioned earler? If a part of the ModMii guide didn't go smoothly, u need to tell us. Seriously man, details plz! Don't just jump to using crediar's nand formatter, it's not an ideal solution and should be your last "effort" resort.

Anyways, you're short uninformative post has frustrated me, I'm signing off for now, I'll check back later to see how your doing.
Peace

edit: instead of using dop-mii to do a syscheck, how about u use syscheck? Google for it

I'm sorry for being so short. I guess the frustration is just kicking in because of all my years of installing wads and doing Wii Homebrew, this situation puzzles me the most. I did install the Wads according to the ModMii tutorial. Even installed IOS 236 according to the tutorial. I had no need to reinstall the HBC because I just don't have the upside down problem. I know that loading backups wont work right off bat. I'd have to reinstall my Darkcorp for that but I tried a retail disc (Monster Hunter Tri Demo Disc) and after 8 seconds of waiting in the disc channel, I got the infamous "please eject disc and power off" message.

I cant see the issue being my Wii lens. I JUST replaced it last November. I started getting these messages since those damn Conduit 2 online updates started. It seemed as if every time I do an update and let the update restart my system, Id get the message until I stick conduit 2 back in. Yesterday I installed MDK2 and my Wii has not been the same since. I dont think my bluetooth module is messed up, all of my controllers sync just fine. I dont know if there's any more info I can give.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post. I just did a run of sysCheck and here's what I got. hopefully this information will be helpful.

sysCheck v2.0.1 by Double_A
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.2U (v481)
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 73107271
Boot2 v3

Found 234 titles.
Found 47 IOS on this console. 0 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 3): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS11 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 257): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 14889): Trucha Bug NAND Access
IOS51 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS52 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): No Patches
IOS60 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug NAND Access
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 16687): Trucha Bug NAND Access
IOS202 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS222 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS223 (rev 4): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS224 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS249 (rev 21003): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 21003): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v65535
MIOS v10

Report generated on 2011/05/18.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
I am still confused why you would get a disc read error on channels that don't use the disc drive.

Exactly my thought! I wonder if the system menu is corrupted or if it's worse like a boot file or something. The Only "channel" that works is the Homebrew Channel and of course I can load homebrew apps I haven moved my Wii in ages so I cant imagine it's my disc drive. Especially since the drive was working fine two weeks ago.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe a fresh install of IOS70 v6912 ??

LightyKD said:
Yes and I tried reinstalling my NAND backup and I get the same problem. I also just upgraded to 4.3 and I STILL get the same issue. I'm clueless.

At this rate I'd be happy just getting USB DVD loading back but even now, when I try to load a disc through ULoader, It's the same error.
Are you sure you updated to 4.3...?
blink.gif

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BBking83 said:
Maybe a fresh install of IOS70 v6912 ??

LightyKD said:
Yes and I tried reinstalling my NAND backup and I get the same problem. I also just upgraded to 4.3 and I STILL get the same issue. I'm clueless.

At this rate I'd be happy just getting USB DVD loading back but even now, when I try to load a disc through ULoader, It's the same error.
Are you sure you updated to 4.3...?
blink.gif

I'm back at 4.2U now but yes for about 5 minutes I was at 4.3U. Even checked the system settings just to be sure.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
WiiPower said:
It actually could be the problem... what was the solution again? To use a newer version of dop-mii and run syscheck again? I can't remember
The problem was caused by running a syscheck with Dop-IOS Mod, which is really old.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
LightyKD said:
-_-; But the system was acting up before I ran the sys check
then that rules that out

Is there a way to wipe EVERYTHING and start fresh?

BTW Formatting the system the "Nintendo way" does not solve the problem. I'm going to see if updating the system the "Nintendo way" works.
tongue.gif

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
WiiPower said:
It actually could be the problem... what was the solution again? To use a newer version of dop-mii and run syscheck again? I can't remember
It was in version 11.2 and fixed in v11.5. But as resolved, it's not the issue.

I still reckon using DOP-Mii, WiiBrew edition will help. It's not like it'll make your Wii worse. Reinstall the SM and SM IOS (Make sure this is all done before a reboot!). If that doesn't work, go through other IOSes that seem out of place (and not cIOSes, >200), like ones that might be left over from Darkcorp.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BBking83 said:
XFlak said:
WiiPower said:
It was in version 11.2 and fixed in v11.5. But as resolved, it's not the issue.

I still reckon using DOP-Mii, WiiBrew edition will help. It's not like it'll make your Wii worse. Reinstall the SM and SM IOS (Make sure this is all done before a reboot!). If that doesn't work, go through other IOSes that seem out of place (and not cIOSes, >200), like ones that might be left over from Darkcorp.

I'm about to try Dop Mii in a sec but check this out. I cant even update my system through Nintendo. I get an error 32007. WTF?!
tongue.gif

Before I forget, what exactly should I do in DopMii. I thought about updating Boot2. It's the only thing I can think of outside any IOS file that might have to do with loading anything. Considering I have full access to the menu but not "boot" access. I also tried reinstalling the SM in Dop Mii and I got a code dump

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. Ill be back in a few. I'm too bummed out now. If anyone thinks I should replace the boot2 file, feel free to say why I should or should not. It's the only thing left I can think of. There's something blocking my Wii from booting officially signed software, maybe this is it. I dunno... feel free to hit me up with suggestions.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure boot2 come out with 4.2?
unsure.gif
If not, at least 4.3, and you have previously updated to that so you'll have boot2. Seeing as you can run the HBC, I suggest installing BootMii again (as boot if possible), incase something worse happens.

Hmmm, dump error in DOP-Mii. Only other thing I can suggest is getting the SM and SM IOS from NUS and using various installers (WAD Manager (it's up to 1.7 now), MMM) to install them.

Post again if you're unsure which version IOSes to get.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quote name='BBking83' post='3652590' date='May 18 2011, 09:20 PM']I'm pretty sure boot2 come out with 4.2?
unsure.gif
If not, at least 4.3, and you have previously updated to that so you'll have boot2. Seeing as you can run the HBC, I suggest installing BootMii again (as boot if possible), incase something worse happens.

Hmmm, dump error in DOP-Mii. Only other thing I can suggest is getting the SM and SM IOS from NUS and using various installers (WAD Manager (it's up to 1.7 now), MMM) to install them.

Post again if you're unsure which version IOSes to get.[/quote]

If I could get a list of IOS files that would make a proper system menu 4.2 I think I might be able to use the NAND formatter to hopefully fix this problem. It's a long shot...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...