Hacking Help

SWORD21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I am using a DVD-R disc. On the case it says it's 8x compatible. it's 4.7 GB. Is it a single layer or dual layer? I know I'm a noob at this stuff.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so your PC is downloading a game from the wii , and you want to turn off the wii ?

Come on man , work with us here !

No dont turn off the wii - thats what is sending the data to your PC

SWORD21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20clarky08 said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOO lollll its actually reading from the disc while its downloading dont touch your wii until its finished. then use the "Restart Wii" button on the webpage to return to the Wii Home
Ok. Thanks.

Posts merged

QUOTE(djtaz @ Nov 9 2008, 09:37 PM) so your PC is downloading a game from the wii , and you want to turn off the wii ?

Come on man , work with us here !

No dont turn off the wii - thats what is sending the data to your PC
Yep. Thanks. Thanks guys. I should be able to work things out from here. Thanks again.

Melchizedek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
20clarky08 said:
what cIOS's do you have installed ?? works fine here all i did was .rar my working folder

None I believe, only IOS36 that was installed when I installed the Homebrew Channel.
I'm running 3.2U right now... What must I do? Should I install the "October 23 fix by a_running_pr8"?

SWORD21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. It downloaded but an error popped up saying the archive is either in an unknown format or damaged. Now what? Also, would teh DVD-R disc work? And how do I put teh ISO on the disc?
EDIT: I just checked and teh ISO is gone. Apparently it the computer deleted it or it moved to somewhere else. It's still on the download list though.

SWORD21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20clarky08 said:
where ever you saved it...you did click save and not open didnt you???

what did you use to download the .iso
I opened it................................ That's not the right one is it?

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like you may need re download the iso or try searching your hard drive for *.iso.

Edit: 20clarky08 beat me, but I guess searching your hard drive wouldn't hurt. Although, I've never tried the dumper.

moosh01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol
hate2.gif
lecture.gif

Melchizedek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
20clarky08 said:
dude i've totally forgot the issue you was having...run it by me again, your saying you cant get WiiDumper to work yes??

Exactly... basically, I used to use a SD gecko to copy my games using Wiikey's DvdDump, but for some reason it doesn't work anymore.
I've recently installed the HBC, but I have never installed a custom IOS (I currently am on IOS36). My Wii's firmware is 3.2U.

I don't know much about the cIOSes, especially since there are quite a few out there.

Want I want is to be able to dump my Wii games using a different method than the SD gecko, and ideally to install the cIOS that will allow me to access the WiiShop again.

Basically, should I follow the steps described in this thread? Or rather install Muzer's IOS51 and WiiShop patch? If so, will I be able to use this WiiDumper?

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
@Sword -- yes save it as WinRAR...it will actually save as a .iso file but WinRAR seems to be your default program for opening .iso files hence the reason it is been recognized as a WinRAR file.

@Melchizedek -- you basically need to follow any of the tutorials for installing a cIOS, however is you check my site you will find a cIOS Read Retry file near the top of the page just run that through the HBC. and then WiiDumper should recognize the cIOS is installed and away you go, any trouble with WiiDumper, just read this thread over...this guys been near enough hand fed instructions, good job am in a good mood.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what are you currently playing?