Hacking Help with ysmenu Some plz

mikeboss12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried downloading ysmenu but every time i acess it it says unsupported DLDI name. Can some one plz help me install it on my r4 clone plz

h8isgr8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YSMenu only supports the following DLDI names.......

TTIO
SCDS
R4TF
EZ5S
RPGN
RPGS

If the kernel of your clone uses DLDI code with a different name then you will get the error you posted. This will happen even if the DLDI code of the clone is exactly the same as any of the supported DLDI, but just has a different name.

There is a way around this error, but you need to know what kind of clone you have.

h8isgr8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want help, you need to post the web link that is on the card or the packaging it came in.

Is it www.r4-dsl.net?

h8isgr8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This card is a DSTT clone; I have one as well.

This card can't boot any other kernel, there is a check built into the cards firmware that won't let it. You can run a (DSTT) YSMenu build, but you have to DLDI "no patch" the YSMenu file.

I will PM you more info.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With this cart TTMenu and YSmenu are not needed unless you have the first gen that cannot run the newest firmware. You can run TTMenu and YSMenu from the multimedia button. It seems as the newest firmware (1.17b) breaks TTMenu usage. I have this card, and have ran both TTMenu and YSMenu from this card. I, however, found it useless to have two firmwares as r41-sdhc.com regularly updates their firmware to run the newest games without patches.

h8isgr8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have YSMenu working with v1.17b (just because). You just have to use "DLDI No-Patch.exe" on the YSMenu file.

Another good thing to know is that GAMEINFO.dat in the R4iMenu folder is just a renamed infolib.dat file. It's easy to update with a newer infolib file by just renaming it.

mikeboss12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do i go to multimedia to find it right? If it is there i think i found it.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show