Help with wireless play

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Couugghhing, Dec 14, 2008.

Dec 14, 2008

Help with wireless play by Couugghhing at 8:35 AM (1,368 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Couugghhing
    OP

Newcomer Couugghhing Member

United States
    I have not been able to use local wireless play with any game I have tried (mario party, worms warfare, bomberman land touch). Is this a common problem, or am I doing something wrong?

I'm using the beta firmware on this site for my AK2.

Any ideas?

2. Couugghhing
    OP

United States
    Does anyone else experience wireless play problems?

I looked on this board, and a few people have no problem with wireless play for certain games.

3. Evilmaster1985

Member Evilmaster1985 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    How about some more info....

You say you are trying to join a ONLINE game of Mario Party, Worms Warfare, Bomberman Land Touch?

Or are you trying to host a 2 \ 4 player multiplayer game?
    Are you using download play?
    If you use download play try to play without download play (both nds`s need the game inserted or on flashcart)

Non the less.... whats the error message you get?

Greetz, Vistabuser.

4. Couugghhing
    OP

United States
    I'm trying to host a 2 player multiplayer game using download play between two DS with AK2.

I try to host a multiplayer game, and the other DS connects. But, as soon as the game starts (usually before the game starts - the black screen) the DS that joins the host's game gets disconnected. The host DS is not affected depending on what game.

In Worms Warfare the host DS stays connected while the DS the joins get disconnected a split second after the match starts, and of course, the game is over.

The error message I get is that the DS has lost connection.

5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i've been told (multiple times) but never confirmed that local adhoc wifi play between two ak2's causes problems. it appears to be a hardware (not firmware) issue. try hosting between different flash kits if you have them. you could also write to acekard@gmail.com and ask the team if they have an official solution. post back what you find out if you do e-mail them.

i've hosted on my rpg with two ak2s (original) with no issues on some games. i have not done full tests...

-another world

6. Couugghhing
    OP

United States
    I just e-mailed them. I've tried it with multicard (Ak2 and Ak2) and one Ak2 to host with the other using "DS download play", and both yield the same results.

On the AK2 Wiki they say that download play works with clubhouse games, so I tried to host with clubhouse games. The host DS says "Wait until download is finished"; however, the other DS I guess already finished downloading. The black nintendo sign goes up, and then it turns gray after a split second and freezes.

Also, I'm using the beta AKAIO firmware. I'm going to try to use the firmware on the AK website to see if that works.

Edit: It doesn't, at least for me. I also tried going on WFC, but it makes my DS freeze after a few seconds. It does this on both AK2.

7. hakr007

Newcomer hakr007 Newbie

United States
    did you try turning on the download play patch?

8. Couugghhing
    OP

United States
    Oh... my... God.

There's such a thing? Wow. I feel like I just made a troll thread. Holy.. crap.

...and I even e-mailed the AK2 team.

*facepalm*

Thank you!

9. Moose13

Member Moose13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've had problems as well but the ONLY game I have a problem with is Mario Kart. All others I've tried worked fine.
    I dont' know why this one is giving me a problem...it's been discussed on previous threads. I just gave up on multi player for that particular game. Maybe I need a different dump?

10. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    live and learn =)

-another world

11. ShAdOwFuRi

Member ShAdOwFuRi GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    cheats can also sometimes interfere with download play so be careful with that

12. Lametta

Member Lametta GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    I have problems with Mario Kart and Worms.. sometimes Animal Crossing get stuck after local wireless game when the other goes away and the game automatically saves.